Well , out with the 200 and in with the 350

TERBOboy

Feb 14, 2010
upper NE Iowa
Just got my hands on a GOOD 350 Yamaha 2 stroker ( yes , 2 stroker , not 4 ) from '69 and gonna pop it in my Blaster. Just curious if anybody has done any of the older engines swaps and what luck ( good or bad ) they had/have ?
The engine runs like a charm and has less than 6K on it . :)
Its all stock and with twin 34mm mik's on her and claiming 35 ponies , I think this should be plenty of hole shot power :D
Again , so has anybody done any older engine swaps ?
( no CDI box - points I:I )
And also gonna list the 200 engine up for sale ( has FMF fatty gold and Boyeson's ) . Think I would get more if I part the engine out , or sell as whole ?

Just got my hands on a GOOD 350 Yamaha 2 stroker ( yes , 2 stroker , not 4 ) from '69 and gonna pop it in my Blaster. Just curious if anybody has done any of the older engines swaps and what luck ( good or bad ) they had/have ?
The engine runs like a charm and has less than 6K on it . :)
Its all stock and with twin 34mm mik's on her and claiming 35 ponies , I think this should be plenty of hole shot power :D
Again , so has anybody done any older engine swaps ?
( no CDI box - points I:I )

i dont see why it would be any different than modding a new engine into the frame. still got all the same pita ass things like the pipe and whatnot. got any pics of this engine?

pipe is gonna be the biggest issue man im doing a yz 250 swap right now and everything thing else like motor mounts, radiator and the silencer part is simple its just making the pipe where ur not changing any of the flow just start doing it if u got any ?'s take a pic somebody will chime in and point u in the right direction

Well , got the engine mounts fabricated and engine mounted . Next , is to figure out exhaust and then remove/replace electrical . Will post some pics of current progress tonight around supper hour ( gotsta go to work right now - :( )

Ok , its been a while , but .... finally got around to doing some swap-outs and mods and took some pics ( mind you ...it has a LONG way to go before she gets back out and riden - riden HARD :) )
So ... I figured , while I was taking a cool off break ( feels like its 100 + outside here today :eek: ) , I would snap some pics as I try and progress along with the engine swap , from the 200 to a 350 R3 2 stroker I:I .

Used the same pipes that came on it , till I can get some tuned pipes figured out and made .

Still having a slight issue with the electrical , since this bike has a ignition dynamo instead of a mag . nothing major , I should have it figured out here with the next few days )

GEDC0438.jpg

GEDC0439.jpg

GEDC0442.jpg

GEDC0443.jpg

GEDC0444.jpg

GEDC0445.jpg

GEDC0446.jpg

Heres a few with the rest of the plastics on :

GEDC0447.jpg

GEDC0448.jpg

GEDC0449.jpg

GEDC0450.jpg

GEDC0451.jpg

GEDC0452.jpg

Like I said ... she STILL needs a LOT of little "touch-ups" before she hits the dirt .
But , she HAS been tested and lets see ..... ( next time there will be a little video ) well , to say she's got kahunna's .. would be a BIG understatement .

Well , good news . Rode it around for about an hour and lucky me ... no hot feet ( LOL )
And .. she DEFINATELY has LOTS of "get up and go"
Think I might have to go an extended swinger for her now just to hold her down a little :-[
( glad I mounted the motor more towards the front than I had planned . )
Well , time to get outside and do a little more to her ( also have to work on my sons 250 quad .... - replace some tie rod ends and balls ( ball joints ) )

that is sick man! you might want to gear up an extended rear grab bar so that when you flip it over backwards doing power wheelies down the road you don't smash up your pipes I:II:II:II:I I love the looks of those pipes!! and ill second that I would love to see a video! :D