vw scirocco

blaster99

Dec 10, 2008
East Stroudsburg ,PA
im gettin an 87, 16v, all redone, i was wonderin if anyone has ever owned one and could give me some ideas and problems they may have

d3.jpg

d1.jpg

sci.jpg

i had an early 80's, had 275,000 miles on it, ran great, as all 6 of my dubs did, but the front suspension needed rebuilt on it, and it was scary at speed, all over the road
traded it for an 85 gti 8v,
but my fav was my 90 gli 16v, way ahead of it's time for factory tuner cars
smoked every accord, civic and neon it ever ran

see if you can find used and upgrade to the "big" brakes
lots of good used stuff in the classifieds at VWFIXX.COM

yea ive heard about hte "BIG" brakes swap. but other then that is there any qwerks i should look for when i see it,oh and the shifter linkage needs adjusting, but it will be done before i buy it

sweet, i hung around them a good bit back in my dubbin days, seemed pretty much like on here, good dudes with a luv for dubs, just use the same caution on there as here when buying parts

The 16v's are really strong motors....my 87 gti had a 16v in it and the thing ran pretty damn good...vortex is an awesome site...lotsa good info there....but you can hit me up through pm if you have any questions....I've had a few dubs in my day....

Last edited:
i had an early 80's, had 275,000 miles on it, ran great, as all 6 of my dubs did, but the front suspension needed rebuilt on it, and it was scary at speed, all over the road
traded it for an 85 gti 8v,
but my fav was my 90 gli 16v, way ahead of it's time for factory tuner cars
smoked every accord, civic and neon it ever ran

Whats funnier? The fact that AWK beat a Neon or that he bragged about it on the internet?

Just bustin on ya!!!!!!!!!

Whats funnier? The fact that AWK beat a Neon or that he bragged about it on the internet?

it was they, neon'ers, when they first came out,
who always pulled up on me wantin to go, i never instigated it, but always finished it, ya ball buster, hahahaaaaaaa

Haha AWK Some of those punks in Neons can be obnoxious.

Blaster99 it looks like a good car that will get good gas milage and last until you upgrade. Good luck and be safe!

neons and accords/civics with fart cans, overly huge rear spoilers, a bunch of fake ass pod gauges, and painted stock rims
baaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahaaaaaaa