vito's 240 is it any good?

Vito's 240 BBK's are pretty reliable, as long as you have the jetting dialed in perfect. They can be peppy and are a LITTLE faster than a stock blaster. But a ported stock cylinder will out run a Vito's anyday of the week. And porting is a hell of a lot cheaper than a BBK. Porting is the best way to add HP. My suggestion would be to screw the BBK and get your stock cylinder ported by FLOTEK, Ken O'Connor Racing, Wildcard Racing, SCD Racing (also known as sicivicdude on here) or CHutzell. They all charge differently for the type of porting but its the best thing for your engine if you want to add horsepower

My $ 0.02

Well benol got a vitos 240 kit with a bunch of parts he bought he paid 245 bucks for everything I know this cause me and him are best friends hes pretty much just doing a lil homework before he installs it cause as of now his blaster runs great and is very reliable he just doesn't wanna go and put something in to it that's going to bad for it in the future :)

As long as the bore is good on it, there is no damage to the sleeve and you use big bore gaskets, you should be fine. Do yourself a favor and get that BBK ported.

Not sure if freek will chime in, but he had a bad experience with the sleeve spinning in his.

ahh yes vitos....i wouldnt bother dude, keep ur stock jug and get it ported, there is only 2 overbores on a bbk, when a stock jug gets 6 i think...i did have a bad expereince with a vitos kit i had, it had super bad casting flaws and eventually ended up having the sleeve spin inside the jug,...so a grand later and im back to a triple ported stock jug on its second bore and i couldnt be happier with it

I've had pretty good service out of my vito's. I had it down at Busco Beach this past September, rode the dog pee out of it, and had no trouble at all.

I know freek had that sleeve problem (which was a major issue) and all vito's 240 BBK's have terrible casting flaws from the factory but they're also known to run pretty stout when setup properly too. That 40cc's is after all a 20% increase in displacement over the stock cylinder.

If you already HAVE the vito's kit, Rock it! Just realize that you'll need more than just a bolt on BBK to be really putting out some power, you'll need to upgrade the carb, exhaust, airbox, and probably clutch.

Now I have had plenty of experience with a vitos 240 and there is a noticably difference between a stock minor ported cylinder bored 60 over with a carb reeds and.exhaust and.the vitos with the same mods.the vitos u can feel the power up top but in a drag race the.vitos will win butt if its a short track it will be a very close race.the only place.the vitos gets a stock cylinder is in the.topend low end thwy are.about the same