Vin# Proublem....

ThaOrangeOne

Apr 21, 2009
Maine
www.myspace.com
Ok I got 2 Blasters and the one that runs is kinda f*cked up. The vin number has a dent in the frame right on the 5th slot. Does anyone know how to breakdown the vin# like color and engine size? I know that its an 88 cause the 10th number is a J and I read that the first 3 digits should be JY3 or JY4 and mine is JY4. This is what I have of my VIN# right now. JY42 JW0XJ0002306 And I really need to find out the VIN# so that O can register the wheeler this Friday.

hmm i only count 16.... vin is usually 17 but that should be close enough beacuse I only have 9... unless the rest of it is somewhere else?

Well I just did some research for you and the O is going to be a happy camper.The missing letter is X.I just punched in every number and letter and came back with a match with that number to the letter X only.Here is the link if you want to spend the time.lol Save it to your favorites.It's been in mine for quite some time.

Yamaha VIN Decoder @ Motoverse.com

Reactions: screamin2stroke
the missing digit is between the 2 and the J

I Understand the missing digit is between the 2 and the J. The letter X is the one that belongs there.Click the link that I provided and try every letter and number and the X is the only match to a yfs200 blaster.