Two Blasters both 04 going to need advice new to forum scene

gaffer

Sep 26, 2010
Pembrokeshire South Wales UK
I am in South Wales UK I have bought a pair of blasters for myself and my son to enjoy, firstly to play in our quarry but it looks like we are racing them in a fortnight with a local club I:I so game on
I am looking for advice about which equipment is best for widening the track on the front of the quads, currently one has spacers and is awful with the bump steer. I have seen A arms and also the Daimond J brackets has anyone had experience of these all information and pitfalls would be greatly appreciated, I have bought a Durablue Eliminator axle for a Raptor 660 for one of them and have been given a stock Raptor 700 axle but not sure if that will fit ?
Having immense fun on these little beasts look forward to hearing from fellow Kids in there 20's,30's,40's etc ;)

Hi Thanks for the info
I have put a profile pic on here or so I thought but cant see it up yet will work on that
As for the Quadzilla A arms I am very wary of chinese equipment have seen so many bad pieces of engineering it seems to be a lottery indeed as to what is decent have you fitted these yourself ? no problems?
I see your running a 240 bore kit how do you find it? I have had conflicting stories of the gains made by fitting these kits
Thanks once again for welcome and info

Last edited:
welcome man, if you are gunna be racing i would suggest extended a-arms, from ebay or such, prolly 440 for a good set, american that is, a lot of people run gforce axls, they are reletivey cheep and i havn't heard any complaints. If you are looking into big bores, a lot of people strongly suggest LA sleeve kits, they are only 75 bucks more and apparently much better, someone will prolly chime in. if you really want it to roar put a 3mm stroker in it and you will have the fastest blaster in wales. But welcome man, i see the mod bug has already nestded

Thanks very to you all for the welcome
the only reasonable priced A arms we seem to be able to get over this side of the pond are Chinese Quadzilla ones I have not been able to see any in the flesh so to speak to ascertain quality as they say its not cheaper if its no good
As for the modding bug Whitty you are quite correct lol none of my many toys stay standard for long ;-) is there a web site I can peruse the LA sleeve kit? as for 3mm stroker I have a feeling that puts all the power at the top end of the rev range and I still want to play in the dirt with it not just race the thing but if it keeps power all the way through rev range please tell me more .....!!
I like the frame mods Bronco the rear grab rail and the front bars look really good also from what I can see in the pic the skid plate under the axle looks big and strong I am going to be using the blasters in the forestry a good deal so looking into skid guards at the moment also

Ah I stand corrected thanks for the link will have a look shortly
As for the F7 Exhaust that is one I have not found as yet, you find it good I take it?, Over here in the UK the FMF system seems to be popular. how do you find the 240 bore kit works?

Ah I stand corrected thanks for the link will have a look shortly
As for the F7 Exhaust that is one I have not found as yet, you find it good I take it?, Over here in the UK the FMF system seems to be popular. how do you find the 240 bore kit works?

very awsome lots more power.

ive seen them on scottish race quads and everyone compares them to more expensive ones. as for the big bore i found a nice improvement although, if your racing. the 240 is frowned apon here in the uk. the quadzilla arms are made of good quality materials also so they should hold up well

ive seen them on scottish race quads and everyone compares them to more expensive ones. as for the big bore i found a nice improvement although, if your racing. the 240 is frowned apon here in the uk. the quadzilla arms are made of good quality materials also so they should hold up well

Thanks for that I have been in touch with ASR today but with shipping they are really expensive I think it will be make a set of widening plates similar to the diamond j type and also some new tie rods, until funds allow a better solution .
Good to know that there are some good products from the Chinese then.
I have ordered an FMF full system should be here tomorrow need to find a supplier of mikuni jets and start plug chopping to get the little bugger about right
(wish me luck I was a teenager the last time I jetted a two stroke!!!):eek:

what is the pronunciation on your user name bc over here in america that looks like it means quear. no disrespect intended but that is how it comes off to an american

Lol! yeah we call it duct tape. you pronounce it like gaff like the thing that you snag a fish with to pull him in the boat? or gayfer which is how an american would read it. which would be a flamin queer.