Transmission HELP.....

TonyAlex8

I am new to owning a Blaster, I believe I may have a transmission issue. Once I am stopped, it is very difficult to get it in 1st, I have to shift back up and then rock it a little, and once I am going and shifting, it seems like I am going from 3rd to 5th or even 6th, like it is shifting up 2 or 3 gears instead of one, also a slight noise with the chain or something when going slow in gears, is that normal too?(I just tightened the chain) Any help or advice you guys can give will be appreciated.

chain noise could be hitting the swinger gaurd, commmon problem here in the rocks

and i'd look at the shift star for tranny problems first, pull the clutch cover then the basket to get a good look at it
if not, prolly bent shift fork, which will require splitting the cases to investigate

As to the chain, if you have over tightened, ( recommended 35mm deflection ) and the front sprocket is even a little worn or the chain is stretched a little noise is to be expected.

Motorcycle/ATV transmissions are not designed to be shifted while standing still. Is the oil full and when was the last time it was changed? If it's due for a change consider pulling the clutch cover and inspect the external shift mechanism, check that the shift star is tight. Because of the design I can't see how it could skip one or more gear when shifting unless you're pulling up on the shifter more than once.
If you still run oil injection either don't unhook lines or be sure to prime it correctly.