tors?

x-man

Jan 28, 2016
what is the cheapest reliable! way to get rid of the tors system on my 99 blaster????????

iv tryed that b4 n i wouldn't start i plugged it back in it started right up

Then are you're sure it's a 99?
If it is, then something else is up with the electrical.
Do a search, this answer is what will come up.
well do u no whats the easiest way to tell what year your blaster is I got it off a kid who really didn't know that much iv bin riding my whole life but I've never had a blaster

When it comes to the TORS there are only two models, everything before 2003 and 2003 and later. 89-02 has three wires to brain and four wires from stator. 2003 & up has five wires from stator and TORS is part of cdi box & requires cut and splice of wires.
I'll bet a dollar you unplugged your cdi which has 4 wires and not the TORS wich only has 3 wires.
Unfortunately this caveman haven't figured out how to copy/paste on this tablet:rolleyes: so I can't link the sticky on TORS elimination.
So you have to do the search yourself.

Last edited:
03 and up has 2 wires. Not 3. One black one yellow. To remove the tors you chase the wires under the hood, unplug the clip and move the wire away. With the other half of the clip cut the harness off. Then splice them together. Anything after that splice doesnt matter.

Yeah he needs to make sure what wiring harness he has first since there is 2 different methods to eliminate the tors between those wiring harnesses. Do like Larry said and see how many wires are coming from the stator first. If it has 4 wires coming from the stator then follow mark's first link, if it has 5 wires coming from the stator then follow the second link.

Reactions: Markblaster