Top End destuction?

gears2

Jan 20, 2008
Pennsylvania
Hey guys i am new to the forum. I bought a blaster off a guy, and two weeks later it stalled out on me in the snow. It had really crappy compresion, and it made a really wierd sound out the exhaust a couple of kicks. I managed to get it started again, but i had to keep it at half throttle to keep it alive. I realized i wasnt gonna make it back to my house 5 miles away, so i called my dad and he picked me up. I am 16 and not mechanically inclined yet, so before i waste my time, does anyone know if this is indeed a blown top end? And if it is, what kind of repair kit should i get and should i bore it out? I have fatty pipe and silencer, so what else would i need to get all the power of the new bore kit? Thanks so much!

hmmm. whats the compression at? is it real doggie when it runs? pull the bowl off your carb and look at the main jet, what are the numbers? a guess but pending condition I would take the jug off and see what it looks like and measure for bore size or have local machine shop do it. mabey someone just put the pipe/silencer on and did not jet it and it leaned out,, specially if yur gonna rebuild you dont want it to happen again. if it where me I would probly just pull top end off have it bored .20 over get ya a weisco pro-lite that matches and a new wrist bearing, measure for crank play and check the jets,, also are you still running the 2 stroke injection?? if so i would by a cheap block off kit and start mixing yur own at about 32:1, auto mix can cause serious problems, your main jet should be somehting like 265 with just the fmf and make sure that all your jets are clean no sand or nuthin silly in there. :just my thoughts