Tire help

F

FultonBlaster04

Im looking to get some new tires on my 04 blaster. The tires I have now are stock 21X10-8. Im looking to get 20" hole shot like tires. I have been reading fourms for the last 4 days and still have no idea what to get. My question is will 20x11-8 fit my stock rims. I fell 18" are to small for my type of riding but cant find any tires that are 20x10-8.

just from things i have tried, maybe check out the HOLESHOT MXR6's, these work very well on a blaster! and you should be able to get the size you want! I have a set 18-10-9 that are awesome! But you need them for 8'' wheels!

Thanks guys. That is the answer I was hoping for. Darrell, what kind of riding do you do? I was going to get 18" but have read they are only good for racing and you lose alot of top end speed.

Thanks guys. That is the answer I was hoping for. Darrell, what kind of riding do you do? I was going to get 18" but have read they are only good for racing and you lose alot of top end speed.

no, i ride mostly trails, i hit the track maybe twice a year! lol...but i have never had any problems with these tires on trails! the only problem is ground clearance! but you cant really biotch when your riding a blaster! lol, they get great traction every where around here! snow,mud,sand, rocks..etc! i like them because they have enough tread to last but their spaced enough for good traction(clean out real nice) and flat enough to kick it around whenever you want! also very light and a soft compound which makes for a smoother ride! hope this helps! (but you may lose a little top end speed, but not much) if your riding trails you wont even notice the top speed loss, because how often are you completley wide open at top speed on a trail?

i bought bkr at111 20x11x8 they are 6 ply and look identicle to holeshots i love em man and they where 40 bucks each check em out....i got em at my local atv shop.....they got them from parts unlimited...

i bought bkr at111 20x11x8 they are 6 ply and look identicle to holeshots i love em man and they where 40 bucks each check em out....i got em at my local atv shop.....they got them from parts unlimited...

yes..I'm sorry i failed to mention this, but there are numerous off brand tires out their that are almost identical for almost half the price! I'v never had any but they would probally work just as good! so maybe check some of them out!

I think you sold me on the 18 but what about the front? I have 21 stock on the front and dont have the money right now to buy new ones. Will these work with 18?

I think you sold me on the 18 but what about the front? I have 21 stock on the front and dont have the money right now to buy new ones. Will these work with 18?

yes, they have nothing to do with each other unless on a 4 wheel drive! your front wheels on a blaster are just for steering! does that make sense? lol

LOL yea that does make sense. Thanks for all your help bro I:I. I posted the same question on a couple other forums and got no response.B-):)B-)

LOL yea that does make sense. Thanks for all your help bro I:I. I posted the same question on a couple other forums and got no response.B-):)B-)

no problem, but remeber, the smaller tire will help make it snapper around the trails verses the bigger heavier tires that bite to much in some situations!

Well I just got my new maxxis Razr MX and they are bad a$$. I was wondering how much air pessure do you put in your 18's Darrell? I put like 28 in but they are way to hard.

i run 7 front and 5-6 lbs in the rear!!! just depends on how soft you want them!!!( but 28 sounds very excessive to me!!) and make sure your using the correct PSI gauge, cause the normal ones you use on your car are stiffer and wont read right!!! use the one out of your lil tool kit if you have one that came with the bike!!!