Tip of the day: dont ride to close on a hill climb!

Yesterday was a good one. Went riding for a while everything going real well till I came up to this hill climb, just a little thing, didn't look to challenging. I'd done much steeper and longer climbs all day so this shouldn't be a problem. I go up in 3rd get about half way hit 2nd make it about 3/4 of the way then my tires break loose so I tried to shift a little weight back for traction and the front end came up a little so I went forward up tight on the bars and lost even more traction, as in all of it! At this point I'm pretty much dead in the water so to speak and the bike was starting to come back on me, so I bailed! As I'm jumping off I twisted around just in time to see that my friend was right behind me. His front end was coming up as my bike was rolling back. My rear tires hit his front tires and some how my blaster ended up right side up on top of the upside down 700xx with him underneath it all and tumbling down the hill. My blaster rolled off the top of the pile and landed on its wheels and then rolled to a stop in some brush. his continued to roll over him till it ended up on its wheels in the same brush pile. Some how the blaster ended up running over my legs, but not enough to hurt me. As for my friend he got some scrapes on his face and back and 2 black eyes where the handle bars came through the face opening on his helmet and pushed his goggles back into his glasses. But lucky for us his body broke the fall and neither quad was injured. The moral to the story is when hill climbing always let the person in front get all the way to the top before you start.

good tip xD i was hill climbing here a day to, forgot about some place there was some kind of hole and when i saw it i had much speed in 3rd so i jumped off before i went in it and there i layd watching up and saw the blaste rolling sideways after me so i rolled like hell down the hill xD

good to hear you guys made it without very bad damages

I heard tri-z swingers work on a blaster dont know if they gain much length probly just a inch or so never tryed it but if i could find 1 cheap somewhere i would try to see 4 myself. That would definetly help, anything that is longer than a stock blaster swinger is better than nothing in my opinion.

Yeah, I need to extend one of my swingers too, and ditch these 18" holeshots for some bigger tires. these just break loose too easy.

I like the 18's alot but I have to agree in the soft stuff they break loose way to easy.Glad to hear everyone is alright.

imo it doesnt matter 18's or 20's as long as u got good tires if u got a long enough swinger u dont have to worry about letting off and shifting ur weight front and back at least not as much let that baby rip!

I would try the tri-z swinger but I already have 2 extra stock swingers, so I'm just going to stretch one myself and go from there. I also have a set of 22' tires I run sometimes. I think I might go back to them and just stick with my short gearing. as of right now I am running a 12 tooth on front with the 18's and its just to easy to break loose.

And where I've been riding lately is all pretty loose and soft mainly a mix of a lot of sand and some orange clay. Its an old reclaimed strip mine, it makes for an awesome GNCC style track.

razers suck for anything other than racing. i hate when people follow to close then they get made when my blaster slows down and they have to roll backwards back down the hill, like seriously heres your sign, some people are just dumb

By 20's do you mean your paddles? This sand is not quite that loose, it's mixed in with the clay and packed down pretty good, its just not very good for getting traction on. Any time I get on it to hard it breaks loose but not enough to dig down into it. I'll try to get some pix of the track next time I'm there.

razers suck for anything other than racing. i hate when people follow to close then they get made when my blaster slows down and they have to roll backwards back down the hill, like seriously heres your sign, some people are just dumb
I really cant blame him for following to close, like I said the hill didn't look like it would be any problem.
8-|<-that's looking at the hill I didn't make it up
:eek:<-that's looking at the hill I did make it up
;)<-thats my friend with his eye swollen shut