Think my new blaster has issues...

Misfit

Jul 25, 2016
Hey folks,

Bought myself a 06 blaster, got a Doma after market header and muffler, it was cheap'ish (£600) but in good overall condition so went for it!

Took it out over the weekend and im now starting to regret it... first thing i noticed is it doesn't seem to pull very well, it pulls ok for maybe 1 or 2 secs just after changing gear but not much more. Also would bog very occasionally and idle high after a good run.

That being said im used to my warrior 350 so maybe im expecting too much from this bike?
Ive seen many comments from people saying blasters are faster than warriors so i think there must be something going on with this blaster, cuz i know my warrior would smoke it atm.

Im going to change spark, air filter ect asap - and im not using it until i figure out whats up.

I found this thread about tors removal ( http://www.blasterforum.com/threads/03-06-tors-removal-diy.41973/ ) im slightly worried that whoever has attempted to remove tors from my bike may have cocked it up.

I stripped the bike tonight to get a better look and take some snaps for you guys to let me know what you think.

Ive took the carb off to give a clean but not done yet so cant tell you what size main jet is..

Plan to do a leak down test but not sure where to get one from in the UK suitable for a blaster engine

Also what is the black pipe for with red tape on in the last pic?

Any help, advice highly appreciated o_O

20160727_195812.jpg
20160727_195950.jpg
20160727_200037.jpg
20160727_200051.jpg
20160727_200118.jpg
20160727_200314.jpg
20160727_200351.jpg
20160727_200557.jpg

The black hose with the red tape is a breather for the crankcase. It normally runs up along the frame rail and comes out under the hood.

Well you changed the pipe, did you change your jetting to match? If not you could be running your bike super lean, which could be really bad.

You havent leak tested it, priority #1 I would say. Go build one from parts at your local hardware store.

ALSO!!!! Pic #2 I see that yellow/black and Black connector is unplugged, but those wires need to be connected not just unplugged. Perform a proper tors removal based on the link you posted and it should work great.

The black hose with the red tape is a breather for the crankcase. It normally runs up along the frame rail and comes out under the hood.

Thanks bummer981, does it make any difference which way it runs?

Well you changed the pipe, did you change your jetting to match? If not you could be running your bike super lean, which could be really bad.

You havent leak tested it, priority #1 I would say. Go build one from parts at your local hardware store.

ALSO!!!! Pic #2 I see that yellow/black and Black connector is unplugged, but those wires need to be connected not just unplugged. Perform a proper tors removal based on the link you posted and it should work great.

Cheers for the info jbuckster07 - top advice. Just to be clear tho, I have not bought any parts for this bike yet, it came with the after market exhaust. The lad I bought it off didn't seem to have much of clue when i asked about it.

Ive had fun (to say the least) getting the bits i need for this leak down tester, but im glad to say im 90% there..

How do you guys make a secure air tight connection between the brass hose and plastic pipe (for the intake)

I was thinking of drilling through the lid of plastic pipe then find a nut to clamp brass pipe to plastic pipe, then silicone seal the inside lid?

Thanks again :)

20160728_205452.jpg
20160728_210127.jpg

I had a good look in a few hardware and plumbers merchants and couldn't find much more but i'll have another look see if i can find that.

cheers blaster crazy