The Revival

motoman159

Mar 8, 2012
central Florida
So after cracking my top end after something im not afraid to say was my fault, its going to get a semi rebuild with a very very slight chance of a hybrid.
this is its current state.

im not sure what the plans are yet but im sure ill think of something i want to do.

Do not beat on yourself, we all make mistakes, that is how knowledge is obtained!

If the mistakes that I have made over the years were cans of beer, I would have enough to throw a party for the whole BF.

My last mistake was yesterday when I snapped a stud trying to get a stubborn nut off, my very favourite repair, I think not!

Forget the hybrid, just slap another worked jug on the original engine.

Last edited:
Reactions: motoman159
Do not beat on yourself, we all make mistakes, that is how knowledge is obtained!

If the mistakes that I have made over the years were cans of beer, I would have enough to throw a party for the whole BF.

My last mistake was yesterday when I snapped a stud trying to get a stubborn nut off, my very favourite repair, I think not!

Forget the hybrid, just slap another worked jug on the original engine.
thanks Blaaster. i still have my stock top end that works, but i dont want to run that. im going to try to get ahold of a stock or close to stock bore cylinder and go from there.

picked up some parts today, including a motor with a virgin set of cases and cylinder.

got to work on the cylinder right away so i can get it sent out,

(go head and complain that i didn't tape it up) its getting bored anyway.
disassembled my old cracked bottom end, ( http://www.blasterforum.com/threads/the-curse-is-back-and-stronger-than-ever.58433/ )

my crank still looks new,

ill finish the case swap tomorrow. i have new bearings and seals.

you really put foot to ass for your country :) nice going man good score...i did notice that other motors green/blue gasket...obviously thats going in the trash :)

Never did say exactly what went wrong? You have to replace cyl and cases?
Well a couple of months back I had a case crack on Me but I had a new bottom end put together so I just replaced the whole bottom end and then my top end formed a crack through one of the boyessen ports and down into one of the transfers. So I bought a new top end and I'm taking the good crank out of my cracked cases and putting it into a set of virgin cases I bought.