the bad news on my $200 99 blaster

F

fbiguy007

well not super bad but more than i thought to fix.

I took the piston out today and the rear piston skirt was boken and pieces in the crank case.

the piston has 050 stamped on the top so my guess is it was bored .050 over.
some groves in the cyl. wall not deep but probly more than .010. I don't really want to bore it more than .060 so i need a new jug. plus have to go though the bottom end new bearing.

so heres my plan should still be under 1000$

3mm stoker 310$ complete with piston gaskets bearings everything to rebuild
fmf pipe and silencer 330$
g force reed 130$
holeshot rear tires 140$

BEING ABLE TO PULL WHEELYS ON DEMAND PRICELESS...........B-)

Your $200 Blaster is still a better deal than my 98 $1200 Blaster. My son drove his for about 3 months, then the crank siezed in the winter. Oh well, at least now it will have a reliable engine.

nooo
just invest in a vitos crank a vitos 240 kit and never get a left bend pipe like an fmf they suck get a factory7 (fmf is popular because there good with other quads) but they are not the best pipes for blasters
and as for the tires dont get them just yet take care of the engine and get that running great befor u throw money into how the thing looks

well a right bend pipe is good idea, but fmf works to. f7 would be a much better pipe. As for the vito's 240..they kinda suck. Unless you have them ported. Getting tires is a good idea, stock tires suck. You can bore your cylinder more than .060 and it wont hurt anything.

no do not bore ur cylinder the amount of hp you will gain by doing that is so minimul that wasting the cylinder for a future bore when you have to bore it due to a grooved cylinder.. and as for vitos 240 if you dont want to spend alot of money but u want more power the vitos is the way to go. tires are great but the ones u have.. if they aint broken dont fix em. just work on the engine for now and then make the thing look nice with better tires and such later on when you get more money

maybe they were talking about a vitos 240 piston overheating???? my ct has never over heated at all and its been threw pelentily of hard rides

i have mine bored a lil right now in drags i run the 400 class i make it to the finals n lose to a banshee by bout 2 inches now i added the rad valve n hav to wait till august to run , my quad is all torque with a noticeable top would u reccomend a carb or the 240 kit my motor builder told me its not good to run the stroker with the 240

i would go with a stroker kit i have no hard facts to prove it but i heard a big bore kit only gives u a 4hp advance and for the money i would stroke it out. i guess i shouldnt say much im at that point.big bore or stroker..So im just gonna bore it .150 u can max out at .2 i know i wont see much power gain..So im gonna go with a stroker next winter.should do it now but i spent 2gs already and my gf is gonna kill me so other words stroke it less money