The $100.00 Blasket case Maiden Voyage

AcidRayn

Sep 13, 2010
jackson, nj
well, finally got it about 95%, just got to wire the head light
and put the fenders and hood on, brian and i took it out together yesterday for a bit, was cold as snot, but we went anyway.
i've had it out for break in and jetting a couple of times.
he has a lot to get used to, coming off a lt80 automatic. mostly the kick starter is kicking his but, it is a one kick start now, he just gotta get the hang of it.

he did say when we got back it scared him, which im suprised cuz he rides the raptor all the time, i guess the power band, i did put a stage 8 in, freaked im out a bit.

Last edited by a moderator:
thats great man!! wish i got started early like that I:I I:I did you say something about having to have it at half throttle to start?

thats great man!! wish i got started early like that I:I I:I did you say something about having to have it at half throttle to start?

this is brians first kick start bike, his 80 was electric start, for him, having it around 1/4 to 1/2 throttle starts it a bit easier, he just dont have that good kick rythem yet. for me, its at idle and fires right up.
if you heard, i also told him theres no back brakes, im trying to get him used to using the fronts, as that is where the stopping power is

this is brians first kick start bike, his 80 was electric start, for him, having it around 1/4 to 1/2 throttle starts it a bit easier, he just dont have that good kick rythem yet. for me, its at idle and fires right up.
if you heard, i also told him theres no back brakes, im trying to get him used to using the fronts, as that is where the stopping power is

lol no doubt, i hardly use my back brakes also

lol no doubt, i hardly use my back brakes also

yea, but he does, too much, and he's a bit of a box of rocks sometimes, real stubborn, so i disconected the cable for the parking brake, and now the rears dont work at all, so he has to depend on the fronts. i gota adjust them a bit though, pulling to the right when applied. like i said, small things to finish up, considering this thing was in 5 boxes a month ago.

runs great, real nice in the tight woods, and rips pretty good. im used to a 660r so for me its fun, nice and light and nimble, for him 4x what he's used to

Reactions: blasterdad
Oops, while giving you some rep, I hit enter accidentally, it is supposed to say; "for great father/son project." :D Great job guys! I:I

Oops, while giving you some rep, I hit enter accidentally, it is supposed to say; "for great father/son project." :D Great job guys! I:I

HEY, thanks for that.
i think it was important for him to have hands on with this build.
he may not be able to dig into one right away, but he got some foundation skills, proper tools, how to use them. some polishing, he learned that you dont beat things with hammers to get them to fit. lol

and can anybody identify this pipe? dont know what it is

dsc0044z.jpg

Reactions: roadkill
that pipe is a piece of junk is what it is you can just send it to me and I will get rid of it for you lol IDK what it is but it looks sic

HEY, thanks for that.
he may not be able to dig into one right away, but he got some foundation skills, proper tools, how to use them. some polishing, he learned that you dont beat things with hammers to get them to fit. lol

dsc0044z.jpg

thats either a power pros, ct, f7, theres a few others. a great pipe dont get rid of it

his reaction to the first stall out was great. i do that everytime i stall out lol. it's great that you're out there with your boy and teaching him. he'll get the hang of it and be ripping in no time.

that pipe is a piece of junk is what it is you can just send it to me and I will get rid of it for you lol IDK what it is but it looks sic

K. Pm me your address I'll send it out today.

his reaction to the first stall out was great. i do that everytime i stall out lol. it's great that you're out there with your boy and teaching him. he'll get the hang of it and be ripping in no time.

O, he would be ripping on it if we went still in the break in. Were goin out today after school. We will see what shes got. He's a real good rider, tears up my 660 r. Through is new to him. Ain't got that rhythm yet. He'll get it

Great fater/son project !! My son's first was a RM 50 , man clutch 5 spd. Scared him first summer ,2nd yr he's telling me bout wheelies!! Now he's 20 and just got a 'Shee. Still have the 50 and we love to rip it at the trailer up north!!

Great fater/son project !! My son's first was a RM 50 , man clutch 5 spd. Scared him first summer ,2nd yr he's telling me bout wheelies!! Now he's 20 and just got a 'Shee. Still have the 50 and we love to rip it at the trailer up north!!

I hear that. His first was the lt 80 in the background of the video. Electric start auto. Gas n go. I jump on it. It's fun as he'll and actually pretty peppy. Gonna get a pipe n carb for it I think. My 8 yr old rides it now. Brian, in the video, Taught him how to work a clutch on my 66or. That's when I decided to get a basket case. He wanted new. His mom said fo buy a new one. I said no he will appreciate this more. He has been in garage every nite doin something. Check air. Checking screws. Boltin on fenders. I didn't have a dad around to teach me. Had to steal my first dirt bike. Rm 125. Didn't know bout 2 stroke then. Quick lesson. Thank god for Barry, the biker up the street. Always helped us out. Fixin our bike, dirt bikes, go carts. But would make us do the work. He taught me all my basics. Just doin what I was taught, even if it was from my " adopted" dad.

HEY, thanks for that.

dsc0044z.jpg
That is the best pipe that you can buy for a blaster. It really shows the potential of engine mods like your big bore kit. I have one on my stock motor and it's great!