T.O.R.S

willdo

Jan 2, 2010
when i was riding on my local lake i was in like 5-6 gear and had noticed when i nailed the throttle it bogged out and would stall was wondering if that a T.O.R.S problem or something else

Your problem of bogging out/dying near WOT (wide-open throttle) likely has to do with the carburetor jetting, not the TORS system. That being said, it would probably be a good idea for you to go ahead and get rid of the TORS. This system causes way more problems than it solves. Search the forums for 'TORS removal', and you'll see how it's done...

Basically, you just unplug the carb, park brake, and throttle switches, unhook the TORS 'black box' under the hood of the quad, and tape up all the loose plugs. Then, you can put on an aftermarket carburetor cap kit to get rid of that stupidly large brick on top of the carb. :D

As for your bogging/dying problem, your main jet is TOO LEAN. Has the carburetor ever been re-jetted after you put on that FMF exhaust? Probably not. Go up at least one size (probably 2 would be a good starting point) on the main jet, and see how it runs. Keep checking spark plugs until you get nice cardboard brown deposits. That's the basic indicator of a properly-jetted carb. Just a warning: Do NOT keep running the Blasty with this problem, especially if the oil injection has been removed; you will soon ruin the top end due to fuel (and consequently, oil) starvation.

Nah-the TORS system isn't too hard to take off. Now, if you go peeling apart the wiring harness and cutting out wires, things can get complicated in a hurry. However, just unplugging the switches and control box and taping up plugs takes all of about 20 minutes, if that.

Like I said in my first post, just search the 'Engine' and 'DIY' sections of this forum for info on TORS removal. Many other people have also wondered how it's done, and there are several good explanations up there.

Good Luck! You can leave the stock carburetor cap on; just unplug the wires. If you do opt to replace the carburetor cap with an aftermarket kit, I've posted a thread on how to put the kit on the carburetor in the DIY section...

Could readjusting the float height solve this dilemma, just asking. I have same problem, but with cheap Chinese carb. (I know, Chinese carb?) stop laughing. but if I don't run WOT, all the time, should I still be concerned about starvation?? I just put this Blaster together, I don't need a meltdown due to my ignorance. Please help.
-TANK-

Last edited:
@Tankbuster
create a new thread with pics so everyone can help you.

from the only pics i see of your quad on here
i see a weird routed fuel line with a fuel filter on it
and a coned style airfilter running directly off of the
weird looking carb .:)

Its just a clear fuel line with a fuel filter. The carb is a cheap Chinese pos I got on EBAY for 25 bux. I thought it would work, since it said Blaster carb. AWK08 has made it crystal clear the carb is too small to run on the 200cc motor. Also Im running it with unknown jets/needle in weather here in the upper Midwest with temps reaching 8 degrees and a 20mph northwest winds. I understand my mistake and scraped up some cash and ordered a used Blaster carb. This whole Blaster project was a winter activity. I got the Blaster because the landlord from across the road was wheeling it to the curb! I did SOME research and pieced the lil beast together and she decided to run. Now I know the carb may be the undoing of the beast, I will NOT attempt to start it. I will rebuild Blaster carb and I will attach original air and related items. I wanted to hear this thing run. It took me 3 months to save and piece it together, one item at a time. That's it, honestly!
-TANK-

Reactions: speedyslyder
Its just a clear fuel line with a fuel filter. The carb is a cheap Chinese pos I got on EBAY for 25 bux. I thought it would work, since it said Blaster carb. AWK08 has made it crystal clear the carb is too small to run on the 200cc motor. Also Im running it with unknown jets/needle in weather here in the upper Midwest with temps reaching 8 degrees and a 20mph northwest winds. I understand my mistake and scraped up some cash and ordered a used Blaster carb. This whole Blaster project was a winter activity. I got the Blaster because the landlord from across the road was wheeling it to the curb! I did SOME research and pieced the lil beast together and she decided to run. Now I know the carb may be the undoing of the beast, I will NOT attempt to start it. I will rebuild Blaster carb and I will attach original air and related items. I wanted to hear this thing run. It took me 3 months to save and piece it together, one item at a time. That's it, honestly!
-TANK-

im feeling yah good job with what is available:)
you dont need a fuel filter=just another spot to suck in dirt.
think of it as adding 10 fittings to my brake lines for a car ?where can dirt/air enter:D