Stripped And Rusted Flywheel Cover Screws

Regg1000

May 15, 2020
Hello Blaster Community,
On the flywheel side I have tons of stripped and rusted screws. I recently purchased a screw extractor set. If any of you have any advice of how you do it. Please tell me. Thank you.

You need to get a manual impact driver set. The Phillips screws are very soft and strip easy on these. Its a must have to get them out easily without stripping. You strike it with a hammer. They are cheap. Buy one. Don't make an easy job a hard one:rolleyes:

You need to get a manual impact driver set. The Phillips screws are very soft and strip easy on these. Its a must have to get them out easily without stripping. You strike it with a hammer. They are cheap. Buy one. Don't make an easy job a hard one:rolleyes:

Thanks for your support, I highly appreciate it. I found another way, it’s chop shoppy but it worked.

I took a flat head screw driver, hammered it into it. As I hammered it, the screw driver made its own grove. Then I was able to twist it out.

But I’ll definitely will be purchasing one of those extractor screw sets. I assume first you tap it with a hammer, drill it with a bit, and then use the extractor to get it out.

Thanks for your support, I highly appreciate it. I found another way, it’s chop shoppy but it worked.

I took a flat head screw driver, hammered it into it. As I hammered it, the screw driver made its own grove. Then I was able to twist it out.

But I’ll definitely will be purchasing one of those extractor screw sets. I assume first you tap it with a hammer, drill it with a bit, and then use the extractor to get it out.
No! No drilling. Just put in correct size Phillips bit for screw and turn slightly counterclockwise and hit it with a hammer.
Look it up. Amazon, egay, harbor freight.
Buy new stainless screws. They sell kits with the right sizes. Plus hex or allen head.
Much easier to remove down the road. Don't reinstall old stripped out screws.you will not be able to tourqe them correctly