simple reference question rear brake cap

toplesschevy

Mar 1, 2013
what up, just got my first blaster and its missing the cap for the rear brake reservoir. cant seem to find one, does anyone know if one from a different bike fit? didnt wanna waste money on something i wasnt sure would work, also need a new brake line from the cup to the caliper if anyone has em id be happy to buy them from a part out(im in brooklyn ny), if not any info would be great. anything i should know about that brake line? regular banjo bolts?

yea i came across that but i literally just need the plastic cap that goes on the stock reservoir so the $60 seemed pricey

do you need all 3 pieces (#13,14,15) ??
in this link....
2003 Yamaha Blaster 200 YFS200R Parts, 2003 Yamaha Blaster 200 YFS200R OEM Parts - BikeBandit.com

or just the cap ?

i have a few caps here that may work ? i'll need an exact measurement of the rezzie diameter, maybe one of these gsxr or banshee caps i have will work ?

here's a cheap banshee rezzie that'll work..........
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Yamaha-Brak...Parts_Accessories&hash=item257a1fc77e&vxp=mtr

as for line/banjo's
you might as well go new stainless braided........
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rear-Brake-...Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item53f58364fd

i see one stock brake line on ebay for $10, but no banjo's with it, they're like $10 a set, and have to be the correct size/thread pitch for a blaster.
might as well upgrade to the SB line for a few more bucks

Last edited by a moderator:
what up, just got my first blaster and its missing the cap for the rear brake reservoir. cant seem to find one, does anyone know if one from a different bike fit? didnt wanna waste money on something i wasnt sure would work, also need a new brake line from the cup to the caliper if anyone has em id be happy to buy them from a part out(im in brooklyn ny), if not any info would be great. anything i should know about that brake line? regular banjo bolts?

I will check but pretty sure I have a resorvoir cap and a stock banshee brake line.I will need pics to confirm though.The banshees master resorvoir uses a larger cap and resorvoir then the 03-06 blasters do.lmk