Should I get a blaster?

Mar 16, 2011
Utica, New York
Hello all. I am 5'7'' and about 160 pounds. I currently own a 1999 TTR 250. I'm looking to get a blaster but I don't know much about them. I rode a 300ex before and it seemed like a ttr225 (i had one of those too) on four wheels. Just not much power. I was wondering how a blaster compares to a 300ex or a TTR225. I don't care about reverse or electric start. All i'm looking for is more power. mods I would make are an FMF exhaust system, reeds, and probably a k&n air filter. Also, how long will a tank of gas last? One tank always lasted me a week on my TTr's, i'm just afraid with a blaster I would have to fill up every 30 miles. Most of my riding will be trail riding. Would a blaster be a good idea or should I stick to the ttr?

Even a 300ex is not much of a challenge for a stock Blaster.

Spend a few dollars and you can keep up with much larger 4 pokes.

If you just do trails as in one like the Soo line trail, dont get a 2-stroke... If you mean woods trails where you wont be going full bore the whole time, a Blaster would be perfect I:II:I

if your worried about mileage or tank capacity, buy a oversized clark tank, blasters will beat up on 300ex's in stock form, with a few upgrades like new exhaust, airfilter, remove airlid. you can keep up with 400ex's . im 5'10" and 140 lbs and it fits me nicely, mines wider than stock, and it really makes it feel better

I just bought a blaster an I like it a lot. I'm 5.7 and almost 200 lbs and it has no problems pulling me around in the woods or W.O.T runs, I have to premix my gas and a tank last me about a week or maybe 4 to 5 hours of riding and a lot of W.O.T. My blaster has no problems pulling the front tires in 1st and 2nd, hard in the gas it will keep the tires a couple of inches off the ground in 3rd and 4th gear. So a blaster in my opinion is a fun little bike that is easy to handle and has great power.

im 6'0 160lbs(little light for my height)

i ride flatland, not many trails. and i was refueling every 2-3 days depending on how hard/much i rode.

a blaster is good for the money, parts wise everything is pretty cheap, and if it breaks, it wont break your bank to fix.

how is yours on gas?

alright because really i would only ride 30 minutes every day on my bikes.
answer to both I ride mine fairly hard/fast and My tank was 2/3rds full when I started keeping track in my head and I've been on 5 or 6 half hour rides with about 50 mins left in the tank. so about 4and a half hours give or take a half hour. but i dont ride as often as I'd like cause the weather usally sux or the ground is less than ideal. so I fill up every 3 weeks