Shocks or BBK?

88blasterman

Apr 20, 2011
I mostly ride on tracks, backyard 3rd gear riding with some jumps and woops and little trail and road riding. what should i go with bbk or a good pair of works or elkas for around $250-500?

Honestly, I'd skip the BBK and get some decent aftermarket shocks. You don't NEED elka's considering what you have right now.... any aftermarket shocks would be an upgrade!

If you're looking for more power, you should consider getting your current engine ported and the head rechambered. Just doing that much will really wake that blaster up!

i just threw the name elkas out there! i would like to find a used set of works at steeler fronts and then do the 400ex rear shock for all around $400-$500

Sounds Like you need Shocks more than the Bbk , But With Civic You Don't have to go with elka the first time around , Take your money and buy suspension mods and Slight Motor mods as Civic said and Get The best Out Of Both !!

so what more small motor mods can i do? i have looked into porting and it seems more expensive then the bbk here in canada!! would a cfm air box improve the performance

do your self a favor and get shocks!!!!!!!!!! then worry about engine upgrades..... 1 thingi lerned is that no matter how fast ur blaster is motor wise, if u dont have good suspension, ull be left so far behind. my blaster mods were stock shocks, fmf, reeds, air lid, and a stock 250 raptor with just a rear shock and muffler creamated me. now if it were a drag, blaster would win.

stock shocks suck. u cant get air without out landing hard, and u cant just rool over them, cause u will be too slow, cant do whoops, and cant corner. and thats all tracks are!!! lol

yes, yes it is but im thinking suspension before power. would a cfm air box and a diy exhaust outlet porting improve as well as my following mods?

I would go with shocks. I would think you could find good fronts for $200, a good 400 ex rear for $75 and that would leave room for a KOR port and head job. THATS if you lived in the US, I didn't know shipping was like that north of the border.

and what if i just did a 400ex rear shock and kept the stocks up front? or put the banshees fronts on?

and what if i just did a 400ex rear shock and kept the stocks up front? or put the banshees fronts on?

400ex is good, but dont waste money on banshee shocks. there the same. eaither replace the front shocks and keep stock rear, then replace rear. or get 400ex, and get fronts rite after. ur rear shock is complety dependent on ur fronts, and vise versa. but if i were u, i would replace fronts first. 400ex is cheap tho.

rite now im running 400ex rear and works dual rates up front. thanks to slick! but when i had the 400ex rear and stock fronts, it was hell! everything sucked. i had to land on the back tires on every whoop and jump to make it soft enough to ride and try to be fast. not to mention i was achey as heck after.

listen to these guys! all the power in the world is useless if ya can't control it!

you can get some dual or triple rate works all day for 300-400 on ebay