Shock Pricing $$$

Larry's Shee

Technician
May 23, 2009
Ortskaville, MI
Other than looking on E-Gay, what's a reasonable price for a rear shock? Wanting to get a 400ex/ltz/dvx or 450 shock. Been looking on CL for local and found a ltz for 75$ With most sellars wanting outragous shipping it about equals this, plus I'm kind of a "feely meely" type, I want/like to look closely at what I'm buying. Think that's a reasonable price? What would you pay local?

BTW, on doing a search I've found that 05+ LTZ shock is the prefered one. Have to presume the same with kfx/ dvx.

Does the YFZ shock interfere with "some" exhaust?

Thanks for your input. I:I

Thanks guys !! More replys welcome. Been trolling Egay more than a pervert at the playground,lol.

How is it that a 400ex uses a linkage but yet it works good with out ?

I got my 400 ex shock off of Ebay $25 and $17 shipping. After cleaning it up, taking the spring out to paint it and putting it back together it looks great. Hope to get it on today. If you keep checking you will find what you are looking for.

just gotta be patient and keep your eyes open. i got my atc250r shock off here from a part out. think i paid a total of $35 for it. not blown and in great shape considering it's 24-25 yrs old.

So much nicer ride with the 400ex! I also have a cfm box, right bend pipe but no interference! I wanna say the newer 2000 up have the reservoir in the center of the shock instead of offset, which requires trimming a tab and the plastic, (i think AWK did a write up of this).

So much nicer ride with the 400ex! I also have a cfm box, right bend pipe but no interference! I wanna say the newer 2000 up have the reservoir in the center of the shock instead of offset, which requires trimming a tab and the plastic, (i think AWK did a write up of this).

thats the trx 450r shocks with the offset rezzie, which may interfere with certain pipes ???? (that was a yfz shock beets had troubles with)
and does require the front tab of plastics and frame to be removed

I paid $20 for a 400ex rear shock off of CL and $20 for the O'connor bushings..........HUGE DIFFERENCE!