sell my blasty and buy?

blasterman87

Nov 17, 2008
ive been thinking of selling my blasty and looking for a lt250r/lt500r/trx250r, what do you guys think? the suzukis are cheap around here theres a lt250 for 1500 obo and a lt500 for 2000 obo in our paper this week, and last week a lt500 that needed the carb rebuilt for 1300 obo, and blastys go for around 1500 around here, there is a 95 stock for 1500 and a 02 with a pipe for 2000 this week...

thats what i really want but ive heard there like a ticking time bomb..lol i want something reliable

lt250r is not reliable ether.. and there not really that fast.. if you go to vids section and look at my post' nothing great vids from today' there is me racing my buddys lt250r and i was pretty much dead even with him

yeah ive been reading up on them, seems like most of the problems of the 87 models were fixed in 88, like the head studs are bigger and flywheel is diffrent. also all models have problems like the bad gaskets on top end and the thrust washers like beoch said earlier, but other than those few things the after 88 models seem pretty stable.... my blasty is on craigslist..lol

yeah i agree freak, i dont have a problem with maintaning anything or taking care of it, and i worked as a mechanics helper for 2 yrs so i know stuff breaks..lol i just dont want to sell my blasty for a huge problem child