Scored a DT200r motor and electronics!!!

Roostinshee

Dec 16, 2008
Pics coming soon. Head and cylinder on its way!
I've got primary driver, water pump, sidecase, balancer, clutch basket, CDI, regulator/rectifier, stator, harness, and some other small stuff.

Does anyone know if the Powervalve servo motor from the DT125L/C will work on the DT200R 37F?

Here's what's up, I'm going to write a detailed tutorial in English and Also help anyone who wants Access to the parts. Going to machine the parts and make this swap more accessible.

Also If anyone speaks portuguese I can help you locate parts in Brazil. Import taxes are kinda hight also 1USD = 1.75brazillian Real

Pics coming soon, so don't worry. Just stoked as hell!

Closest places to us that had the 37F(identical to Blaster) engine style were Costa Rica and Canada. Costa rica sold them after 88 instead of switching to the 3ET engine... like European and Canadians.

519359_1.jpg

Badass one I found for-sale in Costa Rica. lol

I have a 2 power valve servo's and the cables, also have 2 wiring harness's, one of them is a little butchered up. The water pump impeller is no longer available from Yamaha but a WR200 water pump is the same, part #37F-12450 for the DT and 36F-12450 for the WR, same part. We found that out this week, Clay got a little hot at the race last weekend, turned out we lost an impeller.

Reactions: Roostinshee
Still have some machining to do. Also waiting for my servo motor to come in, and figuring out how to wire the E-fan. Haven't started diss. the engine yet. I'm going all out with it, not going to sell the blaster anyways.
Here's some pics

Attachments

• IMG_0067.jpg
    IMG_0067.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 890
sh*t!... Examined and cleaned the cylinder, powervalve and the other parts.
Sleeve is slightly cracked!!X(
I haven't spent much money on these parts so I can afford a new sleeve.
Question to anyone who can answer since the blaster sleeve works in this jug. is there a replacement sleeve which is stock 66mm bore available?
UGH, that just was a big buzz kill!!!!:(

Thanks, o boy another 100$ to have it installed. Then 88$ for the sleeve, then I have to pay to have it bored and honed. Arg... why can't life be simpler sometimes. Guess the good things in life come with either a twat in b/t the legs and lots of arguing or time and money. Anyways, went ahead and ordered a sleeve.
Looks like this may be put on the back burner until the end of july or beginning of august. On the good note, got a duncan racing bumper for 45$ shipped chrome at that.

Still have some machining to do. Also waiting for my servo motor to come in, and figuring out how to wire the E-fan. Haven't started diss. the engine yet. I'm going all out with it, not going to sell the blaster anyways.
Here's some pics

hey man, i know weve benn talking through PMs, but im bumping this for updates

also... where did you get that servo motor!!!!!!! i neeed one bad!

yes it does royal, the blaster is derived from it or vice versa, but when you do the swap you get liquid cooling, a power valve, and about double the power of the blaster

ever wonder what those nipples on the clutch cover, and boss inside the oil pump cover are for? water pump!

If I can get this engine tuned correctly it should easily outrun and outlast my old 240 engine. These engines were notorious for overheating(DT's), so I'm working on fabricating/enhancing some aspects of the current cooling system. Also once money and time allow it I will begin machining some sort of coolhead (similar to the prodesign one made back in the day for the RZ350 which is the Powervalved version of the banshee engine). Also it's going to be getting some porting done. I would love to run a 240 in it, but couldn't if I wanted to use the powervalve. The 72mm piston won't clear the powervalve. Redline the other member w/ a DT swap is running a ported 240 set-up but the powervalve is pinned shut, he said is FAR outperforms his old Airsal set-up. Airsal is actually ported by Jim "Big Winky" Winkelbauer from diamond racing and then sold to Factory 7. I've had a long week and am totally exhausted so I'll update this thread with pictures within 1.5wks TOPS I promise guys. Thanks for pulling it back from the dead.. just wasn't ready for an update yet. Now to get back to work...I:I