removable and adjustable subframe???

tjsdaname

Oct 17, 2007
IA
Once we get the yz85mod finished, we had planned on scrapping the orange blaster frame. It's beyond fixable, cracks all over and the bottom frame rails are flat... so im gonna try to fab up a removable and adjustable sub frame.

where I drew the lines is where I would cut the sub off at, so the main frame is completely smooth and make new tabs on the main frame for the sub to mount.
on the sub I would take all the junk off, so it's just the strait tubing that mounts to the main frame. I would use heim joints on the lower mount so that you could adjust the height higher or lower. and I would make a mount to bolt the top one on.

orangeframe2.jpg

What do you guy's think lol...

interesting... but why would you want it adjustable? wouldnt it be better to adjust the shock height?

you can adjust it lower for better center of gravity, helps with stability in corners.

and if you have short legs you could adjust it lower, or if you are tall you could adjust it higher.

they have adjustable subs for all the 450s and the work great, but I have never seen one for a blaster, and I want to be the first lol...

That's a sick idea I thought of how to do just a bolt on subframe as I've bent two but it was to much work just gusseted instead but would love to see this

That's a sick idea I thought of how to do just a bolt on subframe as I've bent two but it was to much work just gusseted instead but would love to see this

well, im gonna try this for sure. but I cant guarantee is gonna work lol...
nothing to lose, the frame was going anyways lol

Alot of Blasters have bolt on subframes but I haven't seen any that were adjustable. That's a cool idea.
Make it out of 4340 so it will be lighter too I:I

Alot of Blasters have bolt on subframes but I haven't seen any that were adjustable. That's a cool idea.
Make it out of 4340 so it will be lighter too I:I

Exactly. I would just make a new frame and frame design from scratch IMO......you can make it lighter, stronger, and better. As far as design, just look a the DS450 with it's aluminium luck bolt design.

This is thread is awesome! If you get this done, please market place it. I am already interested in the advantages this would create.

looks like an awesome idea. i was looking at the can am 450 and i want to do something like that on my blaster suspension.