reed spacer

dre2992

Apr 30, 2013
what will a reed spacer do for me it said its a torque spacer is there any other kind and how much torque dose it give.

Does not add any power, placing it between the reeds an jug will make the power you have come on earlier.

Between the reeds and carb boot, come on later on the pipe.

^^^^ Like blaster said but, it can make it feel like you have more power even though you don't because when it comes on quicker you think ohh wow I got more power,, but then it will drop off sooner.. Or when you want it later it seems to hit a little harder.. On mine it seems to hit a little quicker and that's good for the trails that little xtra mid range. Some don't feel a difference at all and say it dropped power. Different engines, different riders, different needs. Kind of like different pipes suit different rider preferences. All in all there like 15$ and easy to install see if you like it if not, than its not a big waste of $ .. Best part is there Billet and they look nice.:confused:

^^^^ Like blaster said but, it can make it feel like you have more power even though you don't because when it comes on quicker you think ohh wow I got more power,, but then it will drop off sooner.. Or when you want it later it seems to hit a little harder.. On mine it seems to hit a little quicker and that's good for the trails that little xtra mid range. Some don't feel a difference at all and say it dropped power. Different engines, different riders, different needs. Kind of like different pipes suit different rider preferences. All in all there like 15$ and easy to install see if you like it if not, than its not a big waste of $ .. Best part is there Billet and they look nice.:confused:

i fell the difference in the mid rang will i lose power anywhere???

You will not loose power at all.

The spacer moves where the power comes on/off the pipe.

It modifies the characteristics of the header pipe, power tends to come on/off earlier at lower revs, with the plate close to the jug.

On/off later with it closer to the carb.

The difference is often subtle but it is there.

Last edited: