Rear Brake

May 18, 2012
Scotland
Hi guys i am wondering i know you can buy a rear brake set up from Awk but i was just curious is it not possible to buy a 03+ swingarm and carrier and bolt it up fit a blaster rear brake? always wondered about that I:I

I don't see why not. It's just the carrier that holds the brake. You'd then need to figure away to attach the pedal/piston to the frame.

Also the 02 and below axle is different than the 03+. Not sure if a different carrier would make a difference with that.

I have Stock Swinger With a Enginetics Hydro Kit Mounted to it . I like it , Does Very well With the Stock Floating Hub .

yeah man just curious as if i ever got offered 03 swinger and carrier just to see if it would be of any good :p the Enginetics Hydro Kit that similiar to the blaster ones but been modified to fit the pre 2002 models?

I don't see why not. It's just the carrier that holds the brake. You'd then need to figure away to attach the pedal/piston to the frame.

Also the 20 and below axle is different than the 03+. Not sure if a different carrier would make a difference with that.

oh i never knew axle was different. im buying one of awk rear brake set ups once iv got a few more things for my quad as im currently running no rear brake lol done a front hydro conversion but not been out since plus never been on a quad with hydros lol. never wrode any bike or quad with hydros period lol all been drum brakes.

Here is some Pics For Reference .
DSCF6315.jpg

DSCF6319.jpg

I can Take more Tomorrow for you in the Light .

No probs, ye got a throttle cover to pick up from post office tomorrow then thats it till end of month(maby) its getting there tho man!

yeah man sure is :) when i was thinking about color options for mine i can only think of a couple i want but when i see everyone elses color combos there growing on me!aha bt powdercoating for me is still about 2 years away unless i get offered a job soon!lol spent about £1600 on it but wanting to spend another £1600 on it getting powercoating,plastics,wider a-arms,steering damper and tires but will take me a while :p my shocks are arriving tomorrow and maybe exhaust if it is on its way up to scotland the now lol it says it was in northampton at 12 today so hopefully get it by wednesday or thursday :) got my stock parts to sell but no one wants them haha!

That would Be Georgia Red Clay / Our Dirt , You see , That chain was Actually in Decent shape After a Bath And Fresh Lube !.

Nope , Nobody has Made A Good Enough offer , Anything Less Than $1000 And it Can Sit here , I have not Owned it For 12 Years For No Reason haha .

too right man! if i ever sell anything iv had for ages i always say on ad if i get offers lower than such and such il just keep it lol but must of been ment to keep blaster as i sold it then guy brought it back as gasket was leaking gave him his money then i spent £250/$400 on front hydros and then the guy i sold it to bought a blaster next day so worked it for us both :) can't wait for my dmc alien exhaust though instead of that black sh*t stock one! haha buying jets on the 3rd so will be sorted I:I

Good to hear Mate , You will love the sound of the DMC over stock . I like the Top end pull it has !.

yeah man i was gonna buy a toomey but wasnt spending 200 dollars more for a better sound lol plus i got dmc for £180/$290 instead of $500 as time i paid vat to get it from us would of been £340/$500 :) plus dmc is brand new so go it for a good price :p

Very good Price Compared to some others in Same Category .

yeah man :) its in the uk the now so hopefully will be here in the next couple of days :) getting jets ordered on thursday as Steve N gave me a guy to help me out and he isn't in shop until the 3rd. but jets are cheap compared to the kits you can buy. but really hoping my shocks are gonna work as i don't really want to modify the shock mounts. but il see anyway might just wait until i get other a-arms to fit them. but knowing me il wanna fit them somehow just to use them!lol does the dmc exhaust using packing like a fmf silencer? just to know when i need it thru time. thanks