rear brake help needed

blaster1993

Jul 14, 2009
Ireland
my rear brakes are not working..........!
it dosent seem to be pushing the pads out but when i put a 3mm spacer on the inside it just jams...
any ideas?????
thanks..!!! I:I

^ agreed..and..take it completly off..clean the insides..and esp the part where the break pads slide. make sure its smooth and not full of grit.

^ agreed..and..take it completly off..clean the insides..and esp the part where the break pads slide. make sure its smooth and not full of grit.

yeahh thats what i was gonna say if it didnt work and i even diped my finger in some oil and wiped ir where they slids and now mine work awsome

yeahh thats what i was gonna say if it didnt work and i even diped my finger in some oil and wiped ir where they slids and now mine work awsome

same thing i did..bought a rear caliper off ebay for 90$ cleaned it up greased it up..but it on..worked amazing..traded the quad a week later..now i got hydros..I:I

ya i cleaned evrything and greased it all(bout a week back) and theyr still not working the pedel dosnt seem to do anything either! lik not moving the pads

ok..the white plactic cap..remove it...it just pulls right off. now at the opp side od the plastic cap is the rod you have to screw outward...it should turn easily..or its siezed.

no problem..if it doesnt twist..spray wd-40 or anti sieze spray in the hole where the white cap is and let it sit..the try and twist the end with some vise grips.

right so this is where i stand...!!
i tried to adjust out the brake but didnt seem to work(all it did was turn the bit with the ball bearings)
then put a 3mm peice of steel into it to try make up the space but the brakes just jam then i tried loosen the 3 allen key bolts out a small bit but that just made the brakes real light and i cant get them right! either jammed or bearly pushing against the disk!
any ideas liquid5soul?? thanks dude