Raptor vs. Banshee

qr4life

Jan 26, 2008
Alright boys im at a time in my life when im looking for a bigger, faster machine and im sorry to say but im going to sell my blaster. Any way what is better a banshee or a raptor 660? I really ride trails mostly. I know that the four stroke is good for lots of low end and all around power and the banshee is a bat outa hell 2 stroke. Cant deside?

I loved my 660 for trail riding. lots of power at hand. It is a little heavy, and it sits pretty high but still lot of fun. My wife let me buy a new YFZ this year so I sold the Raptor. I think either way you will do fine. Good luck with that.

do banshee.. i had a 660 for a while this year..., and i liked it and all but they suck for trying to zip through trails, because they are a heavy-ish.. quad, and i just don't like the feel...

now i have 2 banshees though.. one drag and one normal.. i think you'll enjoy the banshee much more for trails and thrills than the 660r

its your call because people on here are just gunna say the two stroke
My bros banshee is a f*cking beast, there good for speed, but if your doing trails maybe you should get the raptor, what ever fits your riding type. and btw people arent gunna say, get a raptor, cause people think raptors are sh*t which isnt true so it your call, good luck

Banshees are cool if you have the time to take care of them and fix them when stuff goes wrong, but they are sort of a grenade on wheels, and when something goes wrong it's usually twice as expensive to repair as most quads because it's a twin cylinder. They do have a lot of quirks and shortcomings, but there's not much out there that's as fun to ride as a banshee. They just don't bring much to the table when it comes to suspension, handling, or any kind of technical/trail riding.

I'm not a fan of the 660 raptors myself, they're too tall and tippy, you spend all day trying to wrestle the thing so the front tires stay on the ground, and the dual carbs are a nightmare sometimes.

If you can any way afford it, any way at all, get a raptor 700. I'm not just saying that because I have one, I truly believe it's the most perfected, refined, all-around performing sport quad ever produced. Tons of power with smooth delivery, and tons more power available with basic bolt-ons, amazing suspension from the factory (the ones with the yfz-style shocks anyways), fuel injection so it starts the first time every time and never hesitates or bogs down, great ground clearance for a chain-driven quad, and the whole geometry and ergonomics of it are perfect. Low center of gravity, tons of room to move around and shift your weight when you need to, great weight balance, it has everything. I think yamaha may have screwed themselves with this one though, because they're going to have a real hard time improving it the next time they switch the models around.

get a f*cking banshee because if one piston goes out you will have a nother one to ride on lol
but banshee have way more mods that a cheap

ive had both , but i prefer the banshee , the raptor is heavy , and is a beast to load by yourself in a pick up ! , plus the shee will out perform a raptor anyday !! , my buddy races a banshee with all 4 strokes , and he pull's the holeshot almost everytime , and he has a twist grip lol !!

thnaks everybody. i think im going to wait and see what comes my way for the cheaper price.