Raptor 700R

thanks, that makes me feel better. but anyways back to the raptor 700, wat do they kick out stock, 38-40? well i was looking on www.ctracing.com today and seen their sonic kit and i was shocked, 40 hp from a blaster? for about $1600 u can do this. does anyone have any experience with the full kit, 38 mm carb and all? from ct racing that is

i have a ct racing 240 sonic cyclinder kit, it is badass and produces loads of power,i have a 35 mm carb right now, it works really good, it used to bog a little but after i leaned the jet out it ran like a cougar on coke

ct racing is very reliable and well worth it

I love yals analogies...sorry i know off topic but funny as hell

You get what you pay for. Yamaha has actually taken a stab at making purpose-built atv's. The Blaster actually benefited from the purpose-built line up. It had a place and I feel in its demise we will notice the void. But as for the Raptor . . . It was built to replace the Banshee.

Thus the similar frame and feel. It was built for BIG races and sand drags. The Raptor was made for SCORE International races. It was made for the Baja and Glamis. The Wheelbase is too long for woods racing and the powerband is too aggressive for most riders.

But in the wake of necessity, the man factor in all of us is drawn to it. It is the Motorhead's Atv. You won't make a quicker or fast quad. It is the '07Hayabusa, It is the '74 KZ-750, It is the '92 CR500R. It is the '88 LT500R. It is an Atv most will never be able to completely use or appreciate. So go Pay for the Power. Pay for the Size. Pay for the Attitude. Pay for the Commercial. But I will take a Yfz or Trx 450 and spend the difference on one year's maintenance.

The Raptor is fast. A modified Raptor is real fast. (complete understatement) We actually had a guy widen the track +4 and the 700 still can't slide like a Yfz450. Amazing machine, but a little excessive.

the 88 ltr500 was a damn good quad, my dad had one when they were new

these quads are sick heres myn
jamie.jpg

fc25317d.jpg

i do believe 110octane had his motor done up by CT Racing

Ahh yes, Im back. Its been a while guys/gals (if we have any). I do have the CT240 sonic kit for my blaster. It rips like a bat outta hell. Allen knowles is a stand up guy and knows his Sh!t. CT has been around for along time.

i just think theyre kinda over-rated

like a yfz 450 is cheaper, faster, handles better, and has better re-sale value

so why buy a raptor??

the 88 ltr500 was a damn good quad, my dad had one when they were new

i had one when i was 12 yrs old and cracked my skull! then my mother toke the damn thing away from me! If there was ever a bike i could have back it would be the ltr500, very dangerous at 12 yrs old, but still so much fun!

i had one when i was 12 yrs old and cracked my skull! then my mother toke the damn thing away from me! If there was ever a bike i could have back it would be the ltr500, very dangerous at 12 yrs old, but still so much fun!

dude who the hell gets a 500 when theyre 12??

lol i got a 150 chinese quad when i turned 13, that went like 25mph
i hated that thing so much