raptor 250 vs blaster

blasters/banshees

Jan 11, 2009
Ny
I no this topic has bin exceesively talked about but im 195 lbs riding a blaster with 23's in the front and 21s in the back i no alittle stupied bought it that way he said it was bored a little over with the last rebuild and my cousin is a riding a all stock raptor 250 and it smokes me no matter what only top end I have him by like 1/2mph lol its retarded. what will it take to smoke him

you gotta learn ta ride bro...blaster > raptor stock fer stock...and in your case you have mods and he's STILL stock

i was smoking raptor 250s on the track this weekend well taht is till my rings went =\ but yeah i think a blaster will smoke the raptor 250

could have swore i saw this in dirtwheels that the raptor 250 just barley beat the blaster like of the line blaster won but at the end the 250 pulled ahead

i think he has it right stock is 13/40 and he has stock size tires so he is going for more speed so you increase the front size and in the rear you decrease the sprocket size for speed with the gearing you giving him wrench man he will be more towards low end/ i got 13/39 on mine and it goes faster than before..

stock for stock they are even!!! it all depends on rider and tuning of the machine....pfft the motor of a 250 could be heavily modified but a mild modified blaster will beat it if tis not tuned right, its all variables. Why does the blaster sometimes beat the raptor stock for stock? simple, blaster has 21 inch rear tires and the raptor has 19's...do the math. I stand that they are equal,depends on rider,the raptor does have ALOT more torque than the blaster.

i think he has it right stock is 13/40 and he has stock size tires so he is going for more speed so you increase the front size and in the rear you decrease the sprocket size for speed with the gearing you giving him wrench man he will be more towards low end/ i got 13/39 on mine and it goes faster than before..

Blasters DON'T! have enough power to pull those gears with TALL tires!, I went from 13/40 to 13/41 and now I can use sixth gear!, with the stock gearing it would just bog down!, If you guys had tall tires that would provide traction (PADDLE TIRES!!!!!!!!!!!!) you would now what I'm talking about!

Because of U.S. government emissions requirements, the Blaster was discontinued for 2007 and was replaced by the entry-level Yamaha Raptor 250, which uses a cleaner-burning, less powerful four-stroke engine.

Blasters DON'T! have enough power to pull those gears with TALL tires!, I went from 13/40 to 13/41 and now I can use sixth gear!, with the stock gearing it would just bog down!, If you guys had tall tires that would provide traction (PADDLE TIRES!!!!!!!!!!!!) you would now what I'm talking about!

couldnt have said it better myself...

you would be abile to get away with taller gears if you rode on hard surfaces like dirt trails.
theres only two possibilitys why you gear like that.
#1 you ride sand and sand makes every machine bog more then hard pack
#2 your a REALLY fat guy

but im ganna go with #1