quick jetting question

blue2002blaster

Jan 28, 2014
I have a 2002 that was stock when i bought it. So far ive blocked off the oil pump and run 93 pre mix at 32:1, boyesen power reeds, maxima pro filter with no lid, eliminated TORS (black box, micro switch, all wiring in the harness), added idle adjust screw to carb, and thats about all engine wise. What i was wanting was an opinion to start the main jet size at. Ive got a 250 in it now but ive yet to test it. Im also in florida where its nice and warm and no elevation if that helps at all. Thank you guys!

i was planning on plug chopping it i was just wondering if the 250 would be good to start at. i might should have put the 260 in i was thinking as i would rather start a little rich and work down correct? i just wanted an opinion as if it sounded to lean possibly. and thank you for your answers guys i plan on chopping it tomorrow.

i was planning on plug chopping it i was just wondering if the 250 would be good to start at. i might should have put the 260 in i was thinking as i would rather start a little rich and work down correct? i just wanted an opinion as if it sounded to lean possibly. and thank you for your answers guys i plan on chopping it tomorrow.

yes, start large and work down

and the pilot jet and needle should be fine set stock with those mods as well correct?

yep,
stock 32.5 pilot,
start at 1.5 turns out, adjust airscrew for high idle, then adjust idle screw for desired idle
stock needle on middle clip position

there are many good "stickied" threads in the carb section detailing how to tune your carb, worth reading up on all of them

Engine - Carburetor at BlasterForum.com