Q10's Racing

The porting may change the breathing just a little, I would be inclined to up the main one, to be on the safe side.

The main will only play a little part in the break in, as 3/4 throttle only just activates the main.

If you do get to over 3/4 the larger main could save you from running lean.

What oil ratio do you use in the soup.

The porting may change the breathing just a little, I would be inclined to up the main one, to be on the safe side.

The main will only play a little part in the break in, as 3/4 throttle only just activates the main.

If you do get to over 3/4 the larger main could save you from running lean.

What oil ratio do you use in the soup.

usually the oil from the chicken is enough. but somethimes i have to put in a little vegi oil to make it smoother.

OHHH u mean the gas! lol i mix 32:1 with klotz benol, 93 octane. i also got the head rechmabered, and SCD said that 310 and 320 will probs be pretty rich. but good for breakin since the rechamberinf makes better burn, i wont need as big as a main os i would as if it were just ported.

What I said was that the head rechamber makes the combustion more efficient which COULD use a lower main jet (less coking because of a more centered burn) but the portwork will increase the total flow cancelling out some of that effect. The end result is that you'll probably end up with about a 300 main with that FMF pipe (versus a 290 usually) but you should definitely start on the 310 or even 320 (slightly rich) and chop your way down. Being that you're planning on racing this next year in the collegeboy class, you'll need to keep the jetting on the raggedy edge for maximum efficiency and power.

I'll post pics of the cylinder and head tonight after I get done lapping the mating surface of the cylinder to head for all to see. My wife is at school tonight so it won't make it in the mail today but if I get all of the lapping and cleaning done it will probably be mailed out tomorrow.

DSC00086.jpg

DSC00090.jpg

DSC00087-2.jpg

DSC00088-2.jpg

DSC00089-2.jpg

It should be a REAL strong midrange with enough grunt to get some holeshots. Emphasis is on midrange power for coming out of corners and getting into those jumps with enough speed. Should be a real stout engine!

If the above is Q10s head and jug, he is going to need a few trips to the Gym to pump up his muscles.:D

The young guy is going to get his arms torn off.:eek:

The above is QR10's new cylinder that will hit the mail this week. I set it up extra special for a budding MX'r and am taking his cylinder in exchange for that ^^^^^ one. :D

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: OMG! THAT IS AN INSANE PORT AND HEAD! OMG...... brb ima do a few hundred pushups!

haha! Awwww i cant wai to get to the track now! going august 25, to finish break in. if i can get it broken in and tuned, theres a good chance i can race Sunday! but whos knows. im hoping i can do it, but its a lot of work.

Look out boys at the track, Q10 is soon to be #1!!

Q10, I have faith in you, if anyone can do it, you can.

Thanks Slick, Blaaster, and Civic! if it werent for you 3, i would have probably sold my blaster and given this whole thing up last race. so thanks for all you have done, Slick the Shocks, Civic the motor work, Blaaster the 68 yo who can still kick ass and give me cinfidence!

major thanks guys!

I should like to be able to give more help, but distance gets in the way.

You are the same age as my lad, and have very much in common.

He, like you are always willing to listen to sound advice, and act on it in a professional manner.

He, like you are not afraid to step out of the box and experiment, in the endeavour to make things better.

He, like you is not afraid of getting his hands dirty, to make money to support his hobby.

I should like to be able to give more help, but distance gets in the way.

You are the same age as my lad, and have very much in common.

He, like you are always willing to listen to sound advice, and act on it in a professional manner.

He, like you are not afraid to step out of the box and experiment, in the endeavour to make things better.

He, like you is not afraid of getting his hands dirty, to make money to support his hobby.

:) thanks! like u said, ppl can only do so much. u have to reach out and do on your own at some point. (aka me.) u guys givvin me wht i need and helped me get to where i am, and offered me some Sweet deals! but i have to do something with that and make it work. and thats wht im planning on doing. and being raised only by a (WAY OVER PROTECTED) mother, she has other things that has to be done like rent and food, so cant pay for wht i do. that y its almost all my money. ive paid Civic with the money ive made working on lawn mowers, and selling some stuff. Same goes for Slick. wassent a penny of my moms. but now i need to work my ass off and get more lol :p at the same time pay for my practices gas and races.

That combo will keep ya out in front! Your welcome! That's what this forum is all about, helping you younger guys out and give ya a edge on the competition! Excited to see some race results, But don't be in too big of a hurry to get that motor broken in, ya need to do it all proper, so those finish lines will be yours one day, i'd bet on it!

That combo will keep ya out in front! Your welcome! That's what this forum is all about, helping you younger guys out and give ya a edge on the competition! Excited to see some race results, But don't be in too big of a hurry to get that motor broken in, ya need to do it all proper, so those finish lines will be yours one day, i'd bet on it!

:D yea i know. ima do like 5 heat cycles, then to the track to fininsh the tanks off, not goon go hard at all obvousley. and if i get the tanks ran through and everything seems good to go, ima take it home do a few plug chops, tune, and back out to the track for race next day I:I only if things are going good tho.

Top end went out today Priority Mail so it's slated to be delivered on Friday. If you are well prepared by the time it gets there, you might make your race this Sunday.

Be careful that first time you take it out, you're used to a stock engine this is going to be a little bit of a wake-up call. I:I