Project MonkeyBlaster

So I'm finally going to order the remaining parts. I need to hopefully wrap this project up...and get started on the next :D

Browsing ebay for hardware I notice a few different types of chains. other than the usual gimmicks is. an O ring chain the same as the next?

what about colored chains? decent or junk? Not my cup of tea personally, but I am dealing with a 10 year old.

other than the chain I'm picking up some chain rollers and some sintered brake pads for the back and we should be in business

After months of dealing with this...

2012-01-29_16-49-12_886-1.jpg

I'm happy to announce that the weather finally broke 'round here and I got some of the parts I needed to put the suspension back together.

We can now resume the finishing touches.

We got ourselves an o-ring chain

DSC07271.jpg

I also ordered the swing arm protector from TM Design works as recommended earlier in the thread. Let's just say that this thing is definitely built to last. It makes the OEM one look like a kid's toy.

This is what I was waiting for to come in so I could put the swing arm back on. Here's some shots of it installed.

DSC07272.jpg

DSC07273.jpg

DSC07274.jpg

I'm going to leave this OEM chain roller for now since it seems to be functional. The lower roller arm is broken off, so I also ordered a TM Design works replacement roller that will fix that issue.

1st question is where does this go?

DSC07276.jpg

What is the part that engages the rear brake cable called? I don't seem to have one and need to order it and I would prefer to have a part name or number instead of saying "the thing that pulls the rear brake cable".

DSC07275.jpg

The rear brake cable thing and a drive sprocket are the only things missing now....I hope

I can't wait to get this thing to fire up. I'm sure Mr. Monkey feels the same way :D