Project "Blue"

Got my new Vforce3 reeds in the mail and installed them 2 nights ago. Installed my reeds and intake, gaskets and sealer seeing as I have to work the next few days. Let it cure up good and do a leakdown monday and hopefully everything will be nice and tight, praying I dont have a leaky collar. With taxes coming back I cant blow it all but Im thinking about getting a +4 axle, CFM scoops and some nerfs.
Also picked up a 03+frame from Prime, cases from Ken and a cylinder/head from a buddy. Will be starting a second build this summer once "blue" is kinda where I want it. Just need a stock crank and suspension and I have everything else for a second bike...

Parts on order:
YFZ450 heel guards
TM Designworks- Billet Oil pump cover
Works Connection- Aluminum Frame protectors

When taxes come in:
Gforce/Tusk +4 axle
Nerfs
+3+1 a-arms.
Chassis ski plates/swingarm skid plate

Haven't been around in a while! Started a new job and moved. Just ordered some new tires all the way around and sprockets n chain. Gotta get her ready for this warmer weather! I'll post pics soon!

Nice, new shoes on the way!!!!!!!! What tires did you go with? Sounds like you have been busy but we still want pics.lol

Oh im in no rush to ride it, Ken himself said it can be annealed, hes done it multiple times with no issues....

In the hands of a master annealing a head gasket is a piece of cake.

But get it wrong by not having a large flame to produce an overall even temperature and dropping it on the cold plate other than flat, can result in hard spots in the copper

.If that happens believe me the gasket will leak.

The copper needs to be an even cherry red all over, not easy to obtain with a piddly little flame from a propane torch.

Waiting for Discount Tire to mount my new tires! Have to finish swapping heads on my jeep then the quad will get some much needed attention

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1367622768107.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1367622768107.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 161

/\ looks like you parked down near the hood, and someone stole your dubs

Lol right Joe. Guess they'll be done in the AM, previous owner put fix a flat in one of the rear tires and it corroded the aluminum causing the tire to leak, great...new rims for me in the future...anyone know of any 8" rears for sale???

Looking good bro.Sorry to hear about the rim.I wish I had a set to offer you but only set I have not in use is a new set of 10 inch rims.You can get ROCK rims from rocky mountain atv for fairly cheap.Check them out,may be worth it for you.