• Banshee

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Other (Post Below)

Votes: 4 36.4%

• Total voters

York Racing

Apr 3, 2010
Pennsylvania
I'm going to pick up a new frame for my TRX on Saturday and I'll have a spare chassis that I'm thinking of building into a hybrid. It will be a 2 stroke more than likely. I'm looking for some ideas on which engine I should use. This bike will be my spare/practice bike and it might see some trail riding and XC races. Vote and post which engine you think would be best and PLEASE INCLUDE WHY.

YZ125 zingger is my vote, bigger is not always better! Banshee's motor cost a small fortune to mod, cr500 will kill you (we don't want that), big bore 4stroke-eeeeew then just get a 700 raptor and call it good, cr250 not too bad but you have trx soooo.

I was also thinking of a TRX250R modded engine but why would I spend $2,000 on a engine when I can buy an R for that??? And the only reason I'm staying away from the CR500 is because of the PITA it is to get it counter balanced and it will still vibrate more than most. And they are insanely expensive. Quadzilla is out of the question due to price. CR250 is a good possiblity. The thing I thought would be cool is being able to take Honda's most recent technology and putting it together to make, basically a new generation TRX250R. I'd like to stick to Honda with bike motors. I looked into XR650R engines and they are outrageously expensive. I'd like liquid cooled. Banshee wouldn't be a bad idea simply because of the aftermarket support and besides, duals look mean! I:I and really, for XC and MX you don't need much power to get there as long as suspension is up to date. I think the Banshee would be a VERY competitive MX'er if the chassis was even somewhat decent. But they built them like a brick. I'm amazed no one said "Slap a Blaster motor in there!"

I'm looking for some ideas on which engine I should use. This bike will be my spare/practice bike and it might see some trail riding and XC races. Vote and post which engine you think would be best and PLEASE INCLUDE WHY.

How about an aftermarket 250r frame with a crf in it.

Why?

Because it's a common hybrid- great geometry and they rip!!

Last edited by a moderator: