polaris predator

Are these machiens high maintance?

Adjust valves and change the oil is the #1 thing.

Never had any problems with mine, I think there the best deal out there and if you get a 07 I forget but im pretty sure thats the year they started using KTM engines. Mines a 2006 built up and so far I havn't lost a race to any rappy 700s. Drop a tooth in the front, full exhaust, rev box, filter and jet it and you'll have a killer bike that will push 100mph.

Last edited:
make sure you sit on one and maybe try riding. it has kind of a ass up riding position. i didn't like it. i was surprised how many bikes i just didn't like the way they felt when i sat on them. i didn't like the 400ex either. seems like i only liked the z400 and the yamaha bikes. i ended up with a z400

Mine is not as fast as turbobirds. Slip-on, k&n, chipped & jetted. It's my dune cruiser.

Ya can buy'em cheap, no resale value, a bit heavy, but it rides real nice at the dunes for an old man, gets along pretty good but won't keep up with the 450's ... feels good at high speed through the whoops. Other than oil & chain maintainance i haven't had to do anything to it but push the starter button & ride. A +4 swing arm would make it a better bike. A stock Blaster will embarrass it on real tight trails and our YZ Blaster will put it to shame anywhere.
One time it beat that Blaster up a long, steep dune at Winchester Bay, a wonderful moment, the kid miss judged the dune & got up a gear to high .. Hahahah... the old 4-poke just kept pullin ... wouldn't give him a second chance :)
I like it, it's been a good bike for the buck.
~
Dune weight loss program.
predtrimmingx2.jpg