Please help

Kcumberlidge

May 2, 2017
I just bought a blaster the top end was rebuilt i tore it apart and it gets great compression but the kick starter basically drops down and doesn't come back up the guy i bought it from said he couldn't get it running i read about a kick stater spring is the reason why you couldnt kick it over but can bump start it so im going to try to bump start it and clean the carb tomorrow please leave info on it if same problem

I just bought a blaster the top end was rebuilt i tore it apart and it gets great compression but the kick starter basically drops down and doesn't come back up the guy i bought it from said he couldn't get it running i read about a kick stater spring is the reason why you couldnt kick it over but can bump start it so im going to try to bump start it and clean the carb tomorrow please leave info on it if same problem
And the kick starter doesn't come back up

Could be the kicker assembly gear. Take off the flywheel cover and spin the flywheel by hand. If it spins then you're ok. If it jams up and won't spin either direction then something in the gearing is messed up.

Chances are it's the kicker assembly. Either the spring, the gear popping out, or the entire assembly.

Either way you'll have to pop off the clutch cover to find the culprit.