Please help

Dylan200

Jan 4, 2014
Well i just got this 1998 blaster 200cc, i got it from a guy on craigslist (first wrong move). He told me it was a 2004 250cc with low hours and all it needed was the carbs cleaned out due to it sitting in his garage because it was " too fast ". Well i got there and tried to fire it up to see if the motor was locked up etc.. He then told me no because it no engine oil nor gas. Me being dumb i bought it from him and now I'm here.

I took it apart and found out it has a 250cc jug and head on top of the trany.. i checked the bore on the jug and it is 70.25mm and then i checked the piston and its 66mm no wonder i had no compression :eek:.

My question is what is the best way to go on this build. Should i keep the 250 jug and head and get a bigger piston and hone out the cylinder? Or should i just get a 200cc jug and head from some junk yard and bore it out and get a bigger top end rebuild kit? Please help

Wow, Thats pretty crappy about the cylinder. I'm not to familar with the Big Bore Cylinders. I'm pretty sure you would have to identify what kind it is, and then see if you can keep overboring or getting a correct piston.

Take a few pics and post them up. If we see the problem, might be able to help you more.

Alot of guys will tell you to save your $$ on a BBK, and go with a good porting, and head mod on a stock cylinder. Thats the route I'm going as well.

okay thanks guys. I will try and get some pics soon. you said thats its a 240 jug? is there any way i can tell if thats what you say it is? my friend thinks its a 200 jug just bored out a bunch...how can i tell witch is witch?

Well a stock cylinder can only be bored out to 68.25.. 240 cylinder starts off at 72mm so you might wanna check your measurement.. if its not bored out to 73 mm you can just buy a piston n have it bored and honed and that will run you about $220.. could be worse could of just been bored .40 over and told you it was a 240cc..lol..

Check the measurements of the jug, if it falls within the BB realm and is serviceable, buy a piston and have it bored.

Ouch... If it were me i would probably just rebuild it stock, sell it, then buy something else... How much did you pay if you don't mind me asking?