playin with LED's today

Awk08

Administrator
Staff member
Technician
Jan 30, 2009
Usa
since my yfz front brake master has a built in brake light switch, and my son rear ended me last saturday, for like the umpteenth time, figured i'd throw some brake lights in my airbox, i already have the same lights in my frame ends for running lights, shoulda turned them on too ????

and threw 2 green ones in my sons bike since that bike came with no running lights or even the wiring ...................

Last edited by a moderator:
like them didnt you have some in your air bx back before you had the cfm? and where did you get the lights speedway/jegs/summit has some for gauge and license plate lights ive been wanting.

Thats a good idea. How does the circuit work? Im gonna be getting YFZ front master for my hydro conversion (all I need is a master and some norm420 spindles) and I really like the idea of having a brake light :)

Green to you AWK. Not like you need any of mine.

i wired them into the yellow/red wire that feeds the stock light switch, so they have power all the time, thru the brake switch, back to the lights, then grounded the other side of the lights inside the cfm where the lid bolt is

my sons i wired to the headlight wires, hot and ground and just ran them both back, i didnt see anywhere easy or small to ground them too
they are running lights and come on with the headlight

as for those led's, that yes i had in my old stock airbox, i get them at radioshack
2 in a pack for a couple bucks !!!!! look in the drawers in the electronic parts area
drill a 1/2" hole and they pop in and lock

thanks for the info there like 11 plus shipping for one on jegs. and they look real good on the aluminum.

also thats the 100th time awk has helped me this week jk but its been 3 or 4

12v, don't know about the resistor shizzle
i know i ran them in my stock box for well over a season, and just pulled one out of the old box and it still worked < my test light went bonkers, so i used an old led
btw, they come in red, green, blue and yellow, in 1/4" and 1/2" for this style pop in,
i saw others with a locknut also

i put these in a kit with the wiring, connectors and instructions and sold them on ebay for $25, (cost me less than $10 including shipping) when my leg was broke and i couldnt work, kept me in cigs and gas for 16 weeks !!!!! hahahaaaaa

If the LED has a little plastic casing and the wires already attached, its a resistor type.

thats them, already in a casing, that snaps into place and wires hagin out ready to splice

i put these in a kit with the wiring, connectors and instructions and sold them on ebay for $25, (cost me less than $10 including shipping) when my leg was broke and i couldnt work, kept me in cigs and gas for 16 weeks !!!!! hahahaaaaa
It is amazing the stuff you can sell on ebay! Good job on the lights Here is the one I built took like 15 minutes and an led light I had laying around.
346vqyf.jpg
I have switched it to red since I built this.

sweet light, bet that one will last longer than these lil cheapies i use ???
seeing as how it looks to be from a .................
Caterpillar