Parking Brake Sensor - 1996 Blaster

diesel

Jun 10, 2009
Jacksonville, Illinois
For those of you that are familiar with the Yamaha ATV Parking Brake Sensors...

What wires do I need to disconnect/cut in order to disable the Parking Brake Sensor. The sensor is missing from the Blaster, and because of that, the engine won't rev past 1/4 throttle. I need a solution, please.

i had a 96 i bought brand new and it didnt have a parking brake sensor,
i think thats 03 - 06 only

There's a spot for it on the brake perch, and the kid that owns the quad said that there used to be a wire there, "back when it ran". Maybe you're right, but posting a picture of your perch would be nice, either way. This Blaster I'm working on is the first one I've ever messed with.

These shots are taken from the TORS removal post...

Here we can clearly see the cable brakes, showing it's an '02 or older quad
DSCF0267.jpg

Here we can clearly see the parking brake sensor, just 1/2" above the brake cable
DSCF0270.jpg

I'm not trying to be a know-it-all, just trying to get some help. I need to know where that sensor ties-in to the wiring harness. The kid's Blaster I'm working on doesn't have the sensor anymore.

Last edited:
yeah thats where the switch for the tors throttle sensor went, not the parkig brake
it does not have parking brake sensors, (03+ hydraulic only)
do whats in the pics and unplug the white plug from the tors brain and disconnect the plug at the carb also
when i removed my tors i took all wires, switches, & brain off and threw it away, and runs good
wheres the clip on the needle jet set at?? should be 2nd or 3rd groove down from top
then your gonna have to start lookin for sumthin else, check the electrical stuff kennedy mentioned in the other post, also i'd check to see if the woodruff key on the flywheel moved and your out of timing, did you change the gas/oil mix???, how 'bout checkin reeds too-cracked/broken??
we're tryin here!!!

What's circled in red is the TORS, yes, I agree. But if you look just above the threaded barrel connector (brake cable) in the pic, there is a parking brake sensor.

Plug doesn't read rich. Needle middle clip. Stock pilot. 250 main. Just had the flywheel and stator off to replace a crank seal. The flywheel key is fine. 32:1 mix (Lucas Semi-Synthetic:pump Premium). Brand new Boyesen reeds, no cracks.

I'm not against checking other stuff, but I'd just like to rule out the parking brake sensor. Everyone keeps telling me that the sensor I'm referring to doesn't exist or it's the TORS. But I have seen it on some Blasters pre-03 and it's right there in the pic of the '02. I know what the TORS is and it's completely unplugged. I know you're trying, and I appreciate it. Maybe I'm wrong about the sensor, but I'm hard-headed and it hasn't been proven to me yet.

Last edited: