Opinions for reed change

Holtergeist

Apr 17, 2015
Baldwinsville, N.Y.
What's up everybody....so I'm looking to upgrade/change my reed valves and carb inane boot. Is there somebody that makes a solid whole piece eliminating the gasket in between the reed cage and intake boot or am I goin g n to have to deal with it...also what reeds are best for the stock cage or should I upgrade my reed cage as well....opinions on what brand? Or opinion on what valves to buy for the stock cage? I'm stuck on this and I've read all over the forum looking for answers but haven't found what I'm looking for I guess...please help lol

Running Vito's in both Banshee and Blaster for 3-4 yrs, no issues.
Unless cage is warped, shouldn't need gasket between cage and carb boot. Just make sure boot isn't cracked or dry rotted. Be sure to use blue loctite on reed screws.

If ya got the bux, VFs are a great upgrade.

I'm planning on changing the intake boot I believe it's got a leak in it but not too confident on it goin to have to build or buy a leak tester...I do have the bux to spend on good parts but if I don't have to I don't want to ya known I'm goin g n to have to start tearing the thing down and seeing what I need

Any experience with the Boyesen rad valve?
Nope, not me.

Leak tester is a great investment.

Might as well jump on my soap box here.
New crank seals are probably the most cost effective preventive maintenance you can do.

I've done two Blasters in the last year that needed crank seals.
One, the seal was totally destroyed and sucked the trans dry of oil.
The other leaked on flywheel side and caused the piston to melt.

Seals were one of the first things I bought. I just wanted to get it running before I went all out on it and it's alive but not quite there yet. Next step is reeds and a couple other things. I know it has a wider axle but I think it has the stock arm in the back is that good or bad?

I use the boyseen pro series reeds with the stock cage. Works good for me, no problems. I have another stock reed cage I'm willing to part with if interested.