no spark help me

Y

yamaha4life

hi i have a project i took a engine off a blaster and im putting it on a go-cart ...i have everything on and now its time to hook up the wireing harness ....i hooked it up but i cant seem to get any spark ...i get spark from the magneto but thats as far as i get shocked...what all needs to be grounded for there to be spark any help is appreciated thanks -dan

p.s. could the cdi be bad ......it ran fine before i removed it from the blaster now no spark

Not necessarily tors. it could be though

The CDI itself should have a black ground wire that needs to be grounded, and then your spark plug coil also needs to be grounded.

remember that in order to make a good ground contact point you will need to scrape paint off.

spark

Not necessarily tors. it could be though

The CDI itself should have a black ground wire that needs to be grounded, and then your spark plug coil also needs to be grounded.

remember that in order to make a good ground contact point you will need to scrape paint off.

i need help no spark picked up a 99 blaster what would be a common cause to lose spark ? coil was changed by last owner and he suspects the generator/"magneto" i think its unlikely i will look over all wiring and grounds which he claimed were looked over already can you help me ive seen this thing run a couple laps then stop running out of nowher six months ago just bought it 600 bucks!! master blaster.