No Sleep Till Brooklyn !!!!!!!

That must have been another lake.The one we went to there was no fish in it!!!!bahahahhahahaha It was too cold for the fish on Friday morning.Nice catch!!!!

a-ight, i know told ken and jess before i left, but i gotta do it on here too..........

thanx to the both of you for the awesome weekend and hospitality !!!!!!!!!!!
and to dually....it was good seeing you too bro !!!!!!!!

see you all + dave next month at "awks wild ride III" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

now onto the question above about "how'd i like the shee" ?????

same one i rode last year while at kens, but tuned and running way better this year !!!!
i also gotta thank kens neighbor dave, as it is now his banshee, thanx bro

so while dragging with ken i thought it was just me, being my first attempt at drag racing, i try'd launching in second,
and even third < i think thats the one he got me in ????
so i just chalked it up to me bein a rookie at it.
but then after riding kens long rod 240 beast i found out real quick why he was right with me on the shee, that thing is by far the fastest blasty i have ever ridden,
bar none
one prolly half mile run i made really comes to mind, i just could not find the top limit on that thing, it was still pulling at full throttle in 6th gear clean out till i ran outta room and had to let off, un-freakin-believable how fast, stong and smooth revving that thing is !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so of course we had to have a talk about building me it's little sister over next winter,
a 200cc, 4mil, long rod ???, i dont wanna fool with hoping 240 pistons are available
i'll be starting my parts collection soon, i gotta have one of these things !!!!!!

again thanx to ken, jess, ian, dave, garret and tarmo for a great weekend of good eats, budlights, riding and fishing !!!!!!!!!
can't wait to do it again, here or there !!!!!!

I always have a great time hanging with Awk and Ian, but it wasn’t all fun and games. We spent some quality time in the shop playing with the new Kwik Way boring bar and stand, lightening flywheels and wrenching. They even got to see the new CNC porting project Tarmo and I are working on and the future home of the shop. They’re both smart dudes and their input was very helpful. I had some pretty neat stuff hanging around for show and tell like a 1955 Sachs 200 cc two stroke crankshaft and cylinder, a HDP Blaster cylinder and head, and the dragger. I’m looking forward to doing it again in the fall.

looks like a great time. did that HDP blaster cylinder and head have the swirls? lol

The head and exhaust port had the trademark swirls. The intake ports are huge. Probably why the bridge is cracked on both sides. Kind of neat to look at but nothing we’ll be doing here.

nice bass fellas.. im thinking the bass must have an early spawn up that way due to the colder weather.. fishing in sw pa right now is slow due to the spawn.. you gotta put the slow retrieve lures on and drop it infront of their nose to catch anything...

give it another week or 2 im sure it will get better..

nice blaster doing donuts btw.. i thought it was an R at 1st glance.

I’ve been pre-fishing the lake since the third week of April. The females came off the beds two weeks ago and the males a week after that. The fishing has been great but a cold front pushed in on Thursday night and messed things up. A couple of days of warm temps woke them up. We’re fishing deep patterns now opposed to the shallow water. We caught everything in 10’ – 18’ of water on Sunday.

nice. im guessing crank baits and plastics.. sinko's?

i cant wait for the smallies to start hitting around here.. ive got a few small rock bass to come up.. im a top water guy and love jitter bugs and buzz baits. ( just because you can cover a TON of water quickly ) Around here though in the smaller creeks.. the rebel crawdads are unstoppable.. if theres a fish.. it will pull it out without question.. last year i was using the florecent green topped craw with the orange belly.. destroying the bass.. i bought 4 more in all shapes and sizes of that craw.. great lure.

what are you catching them on that early? gotta be dropping the lure on their heads to get them to come out of spawn beds.

my man boost knows his SW PA river lures !!!!!!
i've had 100 fish days on the orange bellied Rebel Crawdad
i can't wait for shorts and tennis shoes weather and hit the river

as for kens rig....wacky rigged yamamoto worms, on the bottom in 10-18' < my first time using wacky, funny thing was they would not hit my carolina rigged powerbait worms, not one bite ??????

Hey Awk, It was great to have you guys here again. As I said you are welcome anytime. Hope you come back in the fall and catch more fish than this time. Glad to see you guys made it home safe and sound. Thanks for cleaning up the kitchen for me.

Sounds like a blast guys......fishin and riding .....can't beat that. Sux, I would think there would be more riders in my area but in reality only a few on forum. Sweet you guys get to get together and ride, check out each others work etc........must be fun