New to thread and in need of help

508blaster

Oct 20, 2015
Hey guys after searching the net I'm still stumped and need some help, I got a blaster with full dg exhaust, cfm aluminum airbox with uni filter ,and reeds. I am running a 35mm keihin pwk carb with a 160 main and 52 pilot and it's running super rich so I know I gotta swap the main jet. Its stock 200cc so does anyone know a good size main to go with thanks guys

Hey guys after searching the net I'm still stumped and need some help, I got a blaster with full dg exhaust, cfm aluminum airbox with uni filter ,and reeds. I am running a 35mm keihin pwk carb with a 160 main and 52 pilot and it's running super rich so I know I gotta swap the main jet. Its stock 200cc so does anyone know a good size main to go with thanks guys

you'd be better off with a stock carb to match those mods.

as for a 35mm on that engine/mods.........
not only is the 160 too large (rich), so is the pilot and more than likely the needle also.

based off my 34mm on a ported, right bend pipe, cfm box/uni filter, 200cc cylinder.
(48/DGH/155)
the dg pipe requires barely more than stock jetting w/ a stock carb, + a couple sizes larger for the free'r flowing intake/filter
so, i'd start here........

16mm float height
42 or 45 pilot
DGH or CEL needle < a MUST for these carbs on a blaster engine. (ebay or carb parts warehouse)
145-150 mains

choosing the correct pilot by tuning the airscrew:
http://www.blasterforum.com/threads/adjusting-your-airscrew-pilot-jet.51060/

plug chop @ 1/2 throttle for the needle tuning, and wide open pulls for the main jet:
http://www.blasterforum.com/threads/how-to-plug-chop.53237/

as for all tuning, start large (rich) and work down
those above are just suggestions to start, listen to the airscrew and plug chops to get it right !

Thanks a lot for the quick response I'm in the process of trying some smaller jets and possibly picking up a stock carb, now with my 35mm it idles great and is super responsive just breaks up into top end so do I still need to change the pilot or can I get away with just trying a smaller main

Thanks a lot for the quick response I'm in the process of trying some smaller jets and possibly picking up a stock carb, now with my 35mm it idles great and is super responsive just breaks up into top end so do I still need to change the pilot or can I get away with just trying a smaller main

it is possible that large of carb on that engine/mods isn't pulling enuf air across the jets, hence why so large is working for you ?
what float height, too low could also have those results ?
if it's ideling ok for you, I guess that pilot is OK (not really)
what is the airscrew set at ?

plug chop to determine if that main is too large, it's the best way.

As far as the float height I got check that again but the air screw seems to not effect how it idles when I lean it out nothing happens it'll just unscrew so I just leave it 2 turns out and it idles and runs good till high rpms where it breaks up when I turn the screw it it'll drop rpms and stall out

the air screw seems to not effect how it idles when I lean it out nothing happens

sure sign the pilot is too big
we've got guys on here running the LA Sleeve 240 kit with all the best goodies, not running a 60 pilot on that carb.

start at the bottom and work your way up, all lower jetting effects the circuts above it.

I will trade you a stock carb for the 35mm. I will also install the tors delete idle screw and jet it however u wish. p.m me if inteterested.

Reactions: 508blaster
I will trade you a stock carb for the 35mm. I will also install the tors delete idle screw and jet it however u wish. p.m me if inteterested.

508, thats actually a good trade, and will work 100% better for your setup,
stock blaster carbs are fetching just as much $ as used 34-36 keihins on ebay.
you'll need a 26mm blaster intake too though.

not only is the 160 too large (rich), so is the pilot and more than likely the needle also.

based off my 34mm on a ported, right bend pipe, cfm box/uni filter, 200cc cylinder.
(48/DGH/155)
the dg pipe requires barely more than stock jetting w/ a stock carb, + a couple sizes larger for the free'r flowing intake/filter

16mm float height
42 or 45 pilot
DGH or CEL needle < a MUST for these carbs on a blaster engine. (ebay or carb parts warehouse)
145-150 mains

plug chop @ 1/2 throttle for the needle tuning, and wide open pulls for the main jet:

those above are just suggestions to start, listen to the airscrew and plug chops to get it right !
So I bought a bunch of jets (140-160) and a 45 pilot my needle is on the leanest setting and idea where I should set my needle height? Thanks

Im guessing you are still talking about the 35 pwk? What needle is in there now? Should have letters or numbers or both on it

Whats your elavation and air temperature your riding at?

Im guessing you are still talking about the 35 pwk? What needle is in there now? Should have letters or numbers or both on it

Whats your elavation and air temperature your riding at?
Yes on my 35 pwk I have a #6 slide and a Dek needle on the leanest setting its 50 degrees and I'm in southeast mass so I have 140 - 162 main jets and a 45 and 55 pilot any suggestions thanks

Get the cel needle and start on the 4th slot down its a must just like the number 6 slide. And do everything as suggested by awk08 earlier

(48/DGH/155)

16mm float height
42 or 45 pilot
145-150 mains