New to forum...'91 Blaster

creed82

Oct 28, 2011
Springville, Utah
www.youtube.com
Hello friends,

I'm new-ish to this forum and I'm finally figuring it out and planning to visit more often. In July I purchased an original 1991 Yamaha Blaster from the original owner - a gal who got it for Christmas when she was 16. I have been riding it lots and LOVING it. My appreciation for these machines has really grown. I live in Springville, Utah.

I've wanted a Yamaha Blaster since 8th grade when the a local dealership donated a new (Purple/Yellow) one to our Junior High as part of an incentive program. I didn't win it, of course. Two years ago I finally purchased one, a 1990, and loved it, rode it, then sold it and made a decent turnaround profit on it. During that time I discovered this forum, asked a question or two on here and got help. I have missed that first Blaster so much that I searched and bought another one in July of this year.

I appreciate the enthusiasm for these fun little machines.

Chris

a3z3wg.jpg

mb4art.jpg

mh7m1z.jpg

Wow, gorgeous picture! Those are some green woods bummer981. It does well in the loose sand, but when you're riding with a guy on a TRX450R you quickly realize you are outgunned. Luckily my buddy is cool, and we both are more in it for the joy ride and exploring, so he wasn't running off as fast as he could and leaving me. I could keep up just fine running around through the dunes and loose sand in 3rd gear, sometimes 4th. As the day heats up and the sand is looser/drier, I noticed it was tougher to climb the biggest hills - probably a combination of heat/power loss (90+ degrees) and looser sand. The ITP Sandstars dig and grip really well. I was able to side the dunes well and grip enough to climb the steep faces.

Nice, Get some porting, have the head rechambered, get your self an after market exhaust and your buddy on the 450 will be shaking his head. You wont beat him but you will be on his ass all day. With a used exhaust all that can be had for under five hundred. It really wakes these two strokes up.

My sig picture is from the mountains in PA. From AWK's wild ride V. Great time and some great riding.

Welcome to BF.
nice lookin blaster !

a little steep but not very long. If you ever get over my way let me know and iwill take you to a place were you can ride the whole weekend and never hit the same trail.

Nice blaster, it's clean, I ride sand also but blew mine up recently in the dunes, note that porting will add more heat to a already hot blaster, should be just fine but just be careful not to sit and spin the tires to much