New to 2 strokes :)

Took the Blasters down to the lake today. Had a nice lunch there with the Mrs. 13 miles round trip.
20160522_134102.jpg

So I'm pretty sure I have a slight knock or piston slap in my Blaster. My wife's runs much smoother than mine. The tick sounds like it's coming from the top end. Based on what I have learned from reading here I should invest in a leak down tester, and a compression tester. I should probably pull the head and check for slop/play in the piston as well. I am assuming the cylinder needs to be bored to a new piston. Both Blasters are 100% stock, no work except regular maintenance. My wifes Blaster wasn't ridden as hard as mine I'm thinking. Hers does need new front wheel bearingsb, but that looks to be an easy task.

So have I done my homework? Is there something I may have missed?

Reactions: Awk08
you have done your homework !
inspect and rebore if needed before it drops a skirt into the bottom and triples the repair bill.

Reactions: Lyndle
Wiseco piston kit has been ordered, .20 over stock. Renthal chain and sprocket kit are coming too. Boots and roost protectors are coming for both of us. Her wheel bearings have been ordered plus new handlebar grips for both Blasters. Things are coming together over here. I'll be starting a tear down/ rebuild thread shortly.

We were back at it again yesterday! We tore up the country roads for a couple hours. The wifey
20160605_142313.jpg
ended up with a hell of a sunburn lol.