new tires

Av8oR

Jun 21, 2010
Northern, Indiana
i bought some maxxiz razr but i got 20-11-9 the tires i have on now are 20-11-8
so now im stuck with weather or not to buy rims to fit the 9" 6ply tire that i just bought or call rockymtn and get the 20-11-8 4ply tire sent and send the others back.... just thought i would get some of your thoughts, thanks

find yourself some raptor/yfz/banshee rear rims used on ebay for cheap and hubs to go with them, you'll have better tire choices down the road and the rolled lip factory yamaha rims are the toughest rims ever !!!!

i like the idea of the other hubs and rims but for right now i just want to either send the 9"
tire back and get the 8",,, but i like the 6ply on the 9"... so it's either send the 9s back and pay for shipping or buy the rims for the 9's and keep them.. i dont know i guess i have some thinking to do

im with awk. might as well go ahead and get some yfz hubs and wheels instead of wasting money on shipping the tires u already have back

For what you'll end up spending for shipping 3 ways , you can buy YFZ/'Shee/Warrior/Raptor rims even if tire are bald, pick up some hubs and have a better set-up. Plus aren't the 8s steel? End up with less rotational mass= better performance.

so instead of buying 9x8 douglas 1.90 for 170.00 i should find yfz450 hubs and stock rims?
wouldn't aluminum stock 450s bend easier then steel rims?

and are the stock yfz's 9x8.5? just wondering, thanks again

got the wheels and hubs today,,,, what can i do to clean them up b4 i mount my new
tires to them? dish soap and water good enough or should i use an actual cleaner? thanks

If you feel like getting some elbow grease out you can polish those rims up to a fine shine. Otherwise, simply clean them with soap and water. You don't want to use any harsh chemicals, it'll tarnish the aluminum.

looks like mostly dust and normal grime,,, maybe along the seal there is some kind of adhesive or something on it,,, ill try and get some pics on.

oh and thanks