New Acusistion : 250 Quadracer

Thanks Tater, will pull carb and see what I have. Does anyone think the lack of a silencer would cause this problem?

Just had a thought, Seeing that it sat for a while I should check for mouse house :eek: X(

Last edited:
Thanks Tater, will pull carb and see what I have. Does anyone think the lack of a silencer would cause this problem?

Just had a thought, Seeing that it sat for a while I should check for mouse house :eek: X(
no problem, figured id mention, stock pilot and the needle clip in middle.
running withour a silencer could make it act a little funny. i would at least pull the reeds and have a look in there. they could have crap in them or be worn.

Another update, got it running halfway decent, took a brand new plug, one I tried before worked fine in the banshee :-/. Carb measures 38mm inside on engine side , 165 main. Have pretty much decided/figured out that it has bad reeds. Got it revving up decent, let off throttle, get back into it and would pop back thru carbX(. Sucks cause on 85 you have to pull the jug.:eek:

Another update, got it running halfway decent, took a brand new plug, one I tried before worked fine in the banshee :-/. Carb measures 38mm inside on engine side , 165 main. Have pretty much decided/figured out that it has bad reeds. Got it revving up decent, let off throttle, get back into it and would pop back thru carbX(. Sucks cause on 85 you have to pull the jug.:eek:

oh yeah! darn, im always thinking 87+. no quick look at the reeds. but a lengthy look at the "reed". that sux man!

Poor design to say the least. Not even sure if you can pull the cylinder in the frame. Don't even think my son will want to spend $$ for new reeds, just wants to off it.