need some help

Reaper26

Sep 5, 2012
alabama
the 04 my friend has just keeps blowing up, the entire engine is new, all but the oil pump, we had to put parts off of a old one on it cuz the other stuff got lost before my friend bought it. cant believe im guna do this, but im guna take it off and premix it, so I need a jetting chart? it has a Toomey b1 was bored 20 over but were guna have to go up again, pro stock reeds, can remember the jet size in it now, but I need a chart so I can rejet mine as well.

There is really no accurate jet chart. With a toomey you should be in the 310-330 range if it has an airbox. Plug chop the 330 and see what it looks like. I would have had that oil injection off a long time ago.

Make sure you leak test.

Providing it was jetted correctly before the oil injection was removed the following applies.

32:1 one size larger main.

25:1 two sizes and possibly lifting the needle one clip.

Plug chop to confirm.

when I put it back together last time it got a new top end, new seals, new cases, and didn't leak at all. so that's the only thing left I can think to try, ive never had any trouble with mine, but I guess theres a first time for everything.

A good thing to remember is that no two set ups are the same.

You need to plug chop both motors.

Perfect time for the quote in your sig I:I (never enough time and money etc.)

ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS leak test after a rebuild.

Always check jetting and clean carb during rebuild.

I went through the carb the last time and changed the jet, I think its a 280 im not sure, we have four of them so its kinda hard to keep up with which one has what in it. I did leak test each I we built it and it didn't leak, it would run maybe 2 tanks of gas and melt the piston. wevv put new bearings, seals, cases, crank, weve use weisco, namura, vitos, Yamaha, and none lasted any longer than the others. I was skeptical about the namura but when we took it to have it bored our dealer told us they were good pistons, that they make most of the stock pistons for many of the manufactuers. so the only thing is the oil pump, I gues im guna block it off, and try it that way.

I went through the carb the last time and changed the jet, I think its a 280 im not sure, we have four of them so its kinda hard to keep up with which one has what in it. I did leak test each I we built it and it didn't leak, it would run maybe 2 tanks of gas and melt the piston. wevv put new bearings, seals, cases, crank, weve use weisco, namura, vitos, Yamaha, and none lasted any longer than the others. I was skeptical about the namura but when we took it to have it bored our dealer told us they were good pistons, that they make most of the stock pistons for many of the manufactuers. so the only thing is the oil pump, I gues im guna block it off, and try it that way.

Lack of oil will not cause a piston to melt.

You are running a way to small main jet, suffer from fuel starvation, are using a low octane fuel or have an air leak.

Did you ever plug chop to confirm jetting?

There is no chart you can refer to for jetting, you have to get your hands dirty.

no I don't use cheap fuel, I run 93 with ethanol, 90 without in all my vehicles, I try not to buy fuel with ethanol in it but its getting harder to find places that don't sell it. I didn't plug chop the last time. but I know the jet is prob too small

Time to re jet and plug chop.

Please bear in mind that if you do deciede to pre mix then you will have to increase the main jet one or two sizes depending on your ratio choice.

ok, bn on vacation couldn't reply. im guna go up on the jet, and leave the oil pump alone for now and try it one more time. if we have any more issues ill take the pump off.

If you are leak free, use the correct jet, have the needle in the correct position, have the float and idle set correctly and plug chop to confirm, you should have no problems.

Make sure the oil pump is not air locked and is delivering oil to the carby.

However if you do deciede to remove the oil injection without solving the piston melting issue, then pre mixing is not going to solve the problem.

Pre mixing in itself requires and increase in jetting owing to the reduction in the quantity of the fuel passing through the jets.

we haven't had time to start on it yet, I ordered a bunch of jets today to have around. ive been reading about jetting, ive bn running and working on blasters a long time and still learn new stuff all the time. and that brings me to my banshee, its a 05 it has v force 3 reeds an cages, boost bottle, reed spacers, Toomey t5 kit with the jets, I don't remember what size they are, I use yamalube 2r mix 32:1 always have and its never been rebuilt, but this summer ive noticed its starting to run a lot hotter, and smokes even after it warms up, makes me think rich, but its also really hot,, which would mean lean. I guess the top end could be wore causing the smoke and the jets too lean causing heat??

It is possible that you may have developed an air leak.

Wear very seldom causes more smoke in a 2 stroke.

Could the crank shaft seals be worn.

its possible, the past couple times ive rode it, just a few mins at a time, the left bearing kinda sounds like its rattling. Im not sure cuz I haven't had time to get it up here to the shop to check it out. im going in so many diff directions.