Need ideas for custom heel guards!

if u make any plz take pics as im stuck for idears and need to make or buy some

Is electrical pipe good at all? I have a pipe bender if that helps

At what radius is the pipe Bender 4D, 5D? You want to keep the radius short. Small Electrical mechanical tubing is easy to work with but a PITA to weld. The galvanize will need to be removed in weld areas to prevent toxic fumes. This includes the inside as well.

If you have a scrap yard close by, ask them if they have any small diameter thin wall tubing. If they are nice, they will sell it to you at the cost of scrap.

Last edited:
Here is my custom heel guard. I made some recent changes by adding more height to the heal guard. This would prevent major injury if my foot were to slip. I also added a wire mesh on the bottom to keep my foot or sticks from coming through.

Yeah I can work with the galvanized pipe I wanna try to make it like the raptor heel guards or yfz heel guards as an out line and then weld very thin rods down the spaces or just buy a. Pair for like 30 online lol

1527078_1435313640034086_1672074951_n.jpg

1424497_1435313516700765_426183952_n.jpg

heres somei made for mine today

nice job !
lets see them on the quad

quads being rebuilt at moment mate so ill be putting them on once they been powder coated

Here is my custom heel guard. I made some recent changes by adding more height to the heal guard. This would prevent major injury if my foot were to slip. I also added a wire mesh on the bottom to keep my foot or sticks from coming through.

I like it and would buy a set, if you were to sell a set.

IMO, both sets shown above, although good work, need something to keep your foot from going down thru the big opening thats left

just a thought. i dont know bout other nerf bars but i know my tusk nerf bars bolt to the toe end of the foot peg...mite want to fab it up to bolt on the heal side so u are not limiting yourself to one or the other.