Need help !

Zbskater400

Aug 8, 2013
Massachusetts
So while I was riding today I hit a whoop and my left side lower ball joint castle nut loosened up and fell off almost as if my tire fell
Off luckily I am okay I wasn't going very fast but I got the new nut but when I go to tighten it the ball join just spins with the nut. I've seen it before but I couldn't figure it out how could I tighten without it spinning ?

You may need to clean up the threads they have possibly got damaged flogging around before they fell out.

Take them out of the arms an gently hold the taper, taking care not to damage it and run a die nut or the nut you are going to use to chase the threads, use plenty of oil.

i can tell you this make sure the thread are in good shape,it happend to the very first blaster i owned after three days it fell off,dummie me i had someone weld it on guess what it broke a week later and a arm dug into ground and bent my entire front end of frame,took 4 days to replace it,the a arms are $185 dollars new.Im not saying your threads are bad but , I would be verrry carefull. Very dangerous.

WOW! how did the cotter pin come out? your spose to bend them both ways around nut after nut is tight. anyway glad your ok, make sure threads are good as everyone already said but since its a ball joint, yes it spins until the nut goes far enough to pull the taper into the spindle, when that happens its wedges it in, so if your spinning before it catches tap it up with a hammer(not hard, don't want to damage the pivot joint) or put pressure by lightly lifting a jack under it while you spin the nut, always use new cotter pins. this all is totally normal for ball joints, done many cars, trucks, atvs ect.

your playing with fire, i could tell yah how to get it on but kiss your butt goodbye :) well here goes pliers,or speed it on with a drill. there is no doubt in my mind right know that it is going to fall off again,you better get them threads under control,or youll be posting how do i replace my entire frame.

For peace of mind why not replace the a-arm. They can be had cheap on E-bay. I am sure if you posted on here someone would hook you up cheap. Suspension parts are not to be fooled with, If they fail at speed you could be seriously hurt.